- Hi Brian,
- I wondered if you might like this true ghost story from
over here in the UK.
- It was a long time ago now, about forty three years,
when my brother and I were little boys of about three and four years old
respectively. At that time we lived in an old cobble-stone cottage in Norfolk
that is no longer there, a housing estate of bungalows having been built
there for several years now. Anyway, on more than one occasion we were
disturbed by something coming through our bedroom. This 'something' was
so upsetting to me that I screamed my head off until mother came up to
see what was wrong. My dad wouldn't come at first because he said my scream
was so unearthly he was scared! I can remember being absolutely terrified.
My mother asked us what was wrong and we explained that figures had come
through our room.
- Now, in actual fact, my brother can remember what we
saw better than I can, even though he is the youngest. I can distinctly
remember seeing a soft light moving around the room in a weird way and
being utterly witless with fear, whereas my brother can remember seeing
a rather large woman with dark red hair running through our room and disappearing
through the far wall.
- He knew she was running because he saw her cheeks puffing
in and out. We also saw a medieval type of woman, at any rate, she must
have been medieval because my mother got us to draw pictures of what we
saw the next morning and they showed details of that period of dress we
couldn't have known about
- beforehand. Bear in mind that each subsequent drawing
we did got more scary with our childish imaginations, so it's fair to say
that the first ones were probably the most accurate.
- These showed a lady in a long dress with a 'wimple' on
her head, this is a pointed hat that held a veil aloft and trailed it down
her back. I can distinctly remember drawing these pictures. We saw these
ladies on more than one occasion and I was terrified each time. It is because
my brother and I both remember this that I think proves it was a genuine
experience - and my mother and father can remember coming up to us of course.
Besides, I can still recall the utter terror I felt at the time.
- Strangely, on one occasion I can vividly remember seeing
a small, diamond shaped thing moving about between our beds, although this
may have been part of something larger, such as a figure. Nevertheless,
I thought it strange because it was visible in the darkness, and sort of
pale in colour, but without emitting much light. It was weird.
- After we moved away, the cottage was knocked down to
make way for the new homes and whenever we passed the site we noticed that,
as often as not, the bungalow on the site of the cottage always seemed
to be for sale.
- Anyway, it gives me Goosebumps just recalling this as
it was definitely something real and very odd. No wonder the poor little
boy that was me was so scared! Interestingly my brother was perhaps too
young to fully appreciate what it was because when my mother came up the
stairs the first time and asked us what was wrong my brother simply replied
"I saw a shadow".
- Thought you might like to know anyway.
- Our thanks for the wonderful story...
- Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email:
- <>email@example.com Website: <>http://www.hbccufo.org
- <>http://www.brianvike.com, <>http://www.hbccufo.com,
- <>http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International:
- Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness
relating their experiences.
- Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can
check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming
programs I do.
- HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia,
Canada - VOJ 1ZO