- Posted: February 25, 2007
- Occurred : 10/21/2006 22:30 (Entered as : 10/21/06 22:30)
- Reported: 10/22/2006 12:26:08 AM 00:26
- Posted: 10/30/2006
- Location: Tucson, AZ
- Shape: Unknown
- Duration:3-4 minutes
- Large object with multi color running light observed
flying above Tucson Arizona.
- Witness #1 ((name deleted)) XX yr old male. Retired Police
Officer. 4 Years USAF as Security Police. Currently runs ((deleted)) Company.
- Witness #2 ((female name deleted)) XX yr old female.
- Currently runs ((deleted)) Company
- Witness #3 ((name deleted)) XX year old female. Attends
- At 2230 hrs this date, I (deleted))) went to the front
of my yard to walk towards a neighbor with the intent of checking on their
dog since they were away on vacation. Our house lies in the Foothills (North
Central) area of Tucson adjacent the Catalina Mountains.
- I heard one of my dogs bark and I turned to look back
at the house. Directly above the house I observed the object. The object
was flying South to North. I would estimate that it was directly above
I-10 (I-10 runs north and south) I-10 is approx. 7 miles due West of my
House. It was approx. 25 degrees above the horizon. I would estimate, and
its only an estimate that from light to light would make the object at
least one mile long.
- My first thought was that the object (s) were in fact
3 objects strung out together and flying in formation. I assumed they were
helicopters flying North. There is a Marine aviation base due north of
us. Holding my hand at arms length in front of me, I would estimate object
would have been (from running light to running light) 4-5 fingers in length.
- The object at its southern point had one non-flashing
light, in its approx center was another non flashing red light, at its
northern point were two lights, one which was white and non blinking and
another light very close to the white light and it was red in color and
- My wife exited the front door and I yelled at her to
grab the binoculars and run out with them. This she complied with, retrieved
the binoculars and she and ((name deleted)) came out to join me.
- I brought the binoculars into focus and could see the
object, which appeared to be moving fairly slow and continuing North. I
could also ascertain that there was a darkened area between the 4 lights
and that in fact these were not 3 separate objects. This horizontal area
or structure did not appear to be very high but was flattened and "line"
- I handed off the binoculars to both ((name deleted))
and ((name deleted)). We continued to watch the object as it continued
- Approx 3 minutes into the observation the object appeared
to make a flight adjustment and it began turning into a North-West flight
- At this point and through the Binoculars I could now
see the rear end of the object. You could now see that it possessed 2 white
lights in the rear of the structure. It looked as though you were watching
the rear end of a car that had two white running lights. The distance between
the two rear light would be approx 1 finger held up at arms length. The
3 other lights (red in the center, white and blinking red up from) were
also still visible but at more of an angle.
- The front flashing red light was still visible. At all
times the lights remained at a fixed distance from each other, the distance
never varied as it would if you were watching a string of conventional
aircraft struggling to maintain position relative to each other.
- I was able to observe the object from its new flight
path for approx another minute to two minutes until it was lost over the
- My Wife and daughter told me (after object was gone)
that while I was watching the object, and just before it was lost to sight,
that the two of them observed a streaking object come into their field
of view. They were both facing West, as was I, when from their peripheral
vision to their right, the object, apparently traveling East to West, caught
their attention. They said the object was a fiery white in color, traveling
parallel to the ground, and was between us and the Catalina Mountains.
(The Catalinas are approx. one half mile North of our home and where we
were standing. The Catalinas rise approx. 2900 ft above the valley floor,
and my wife said that it was well below the tops of the mountain.
- They went on to say that the object streaked toward the
larger object (which was now disappearing) . I asked them this question
later-if it was possible that it ???merged??? with the larger object, and
they stated that it may have because that this smaller object streaked
directly toward the larger one and also disappeared in the same general
- The object appears to have corrected its flight path
from when first viewed to the point that it turned NorthWest as I believe
I-10 makes the same course adjustments. I believe the object was certainly
following and flying directly above I-10, turning as I-10 turned, but I'm
not completely sure of this.
- I could not estimate its speed, but it was not flying
very quickly, but I would guess that if these were in fact helicopters,
it would appear to be about the same speed as a helicopter at that distance.
There was no sound.
- We contacted a nearby neighbor (too late for him to see
it), but as we talked in the driveway he related to me that during a ball
game this evening, the crowds were witnessing many strange lights in the
night skies.......he didn't elaborate.
- My many thanks to D. Baker for the report and excellent
- Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.hbccufo.org
- HBCC UFO Research International:
- HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia,
Canada - VOJ 1ZO