- 1966 Fraser Canyon, British Columbia UFO Sighting
- In 1966, finding myself alone, except for the family
cat, Caboodle, after the family breakup and ultimate divorce, I traveled
up the Fraser Canyon to a small village of Lillooet, two hundred road miles
north of Vancouver, BC.
- My former C.O. from my Army days, (name deleted by HBCC)
lived in a mobile home and worked with (name deleted) on her Bridge River
- Lillooet News. I joined them, and having spent a month living over The
News Office with (name deleted), I learned I could rent a dandy suite overlooking
the Fraser River canyon.
- The sliding doors opened onto a wide sun deck. The P.G.E.
rails were just beyond the fence at the end of the lot. When the 110 -
car freights rumbled by I was face to face with the engineers. I used to
try to list the many boxcars, the rolling stock of railroads from all over
North America in those pre computer days. At nights no lights shone from
the few homes scattered on the bench land below, on the other side of the
tracks. The highway connecting Lillooet with the outside world was on the
far side of the river. Came the darkness the valley was pitch black except
for the odd set of headlights of cars traveling into town. There was no
road on the mountainside which loomed up on the town side of the canyon.
- One winter Friday night my friend (name deleted) had
walked over for a visit. The folks in the adjoining suite had the TV on
for the Dean Martin Show which aired at 9:00 p.m. (name deleted) relaxed
in an easy chair from which she could see out through the sliding doors.
- I sat opposite on the chesterfield, too far back to share
her view. As we chattered, she suddenly, turned her head, and staring out
through the glass door, exclaimed in a sharp voice, "What's that ?"
I jumped up quickly to share her excitement and immediately saw a huge
red swirling ball with flaring red orange flaming edges coming towards
us from above the west side mountain.
- Grabbing the glass door catch I shouted "let's get
out onto the deck !" which we did. As we stood side by side, we watched
the whirling fire-ball hurdle towards us, so fast that we both ducked down,
putting our hands on our heads as we truly expected to be hit as it crashed
upon us. But, as we crouched and watched, the thing hovered "just
above the mountainside" so to speak, spinning and flaring, to right,
to left, to right again, for a few seconds. It hesitated on the final jerk
to the right, then in erratic short jumps, still spinning and flaring,
it began to recede, grow smaller, to nothing, back into the sky from whence
it had come.
- We returned to the room, quite shaken up, and (name deleted)
snapped, "Exactly what did we see ?"
- I put into words much as I have in this account, using
my extended arm to describe the movement "Exactly ?" she snapped.
- Being Friday night with everything closed for the weekend,
we had no way of finding out if anyone else had shared the sight. The News
was being printed, not in Lillooet, but in Fort St. John at Ma'sson Dan's
newspaper shop, so nothing was "of the moment" news wise.
- By the time the weekend was over the folks were back
on the job, we felt rather foolish in speaking of our UFO encounter. had
we not have rushed to the sun deck, causing us to be physically involved,
had we just focused and seen it with our own sight, we may well have pondered
if we had seen it at all.
- I recall when I saw the movie "Strange Encounter"
some years back I thought the UFO props were not nearly as exciting as
what (name deleted) and I had shared on that Friday night in Lillooet,
- So here in 1993, having watched a TV program on UFO sightings
I am moved to record the event while sound of mind with 20-20 vision, from
my notes written in 1996.
- Thank you to the wonderful lady who shared her story
- Amherstview, Ontario An Enormous Round Space Craft Hovering
- Date: Fall 1979
- Time: Evening
- Hello, My younger brother has encouraged me to write
you and tell you of my 'sighting' that happened way back in 1979?, when
I was 16 years old?. So here it goes:
- I was a teenage girl and I lived in Amherstview, Ontario.
(just a small sub-division west of Kingston, Ontario along Lake Ontario.)
It was Fall, as I remember the air being chilly and it was really windy
and the leaves were blowing off the trees as we walked. My girl friend
and I, had eaten supper and were on our way to the stores to 'hang-around'
with our friends. We'd just left my house, walked up our street hill,
went through a fenced pathway and were walking towards the park. (South
towards Lake Ontario, you can see the Lake across the highway from where
I was.) I was listening to her talk and was watching the ground
as I walked, thinking I wished I had of stayed home because it was chilly
out. Then the weirdest feeling came over me, everything went silent (accept
her) and this big shadow came over top of us. I was filled with fear to
look up, as I knew something was above us.
- I looked up and saw it, I was stunned for a minute, in
shock! I looked around us then, (there's a row of the 'backs' of houses
up on a hill backing unto the park). I could see a family eating their
supper around their kitchen table, I thought 'turn around you idiot's,
look at this'. I could see the trees still blowing, but where I stood,
everything was still. I then stopped, and my friend stopped talking
by then too and she was looking up in amazement, (her mouth dropped open).
- Above us was an enormous round space craft? It was huge
and it covered the whole park and was just above the trees and it
made no noise at all. I like to describe it as being a Mica colour, (like
the rock called Mica), almost iridescent or glowing. There was a dome like
'belly' in the middle that was a darker colour and all along the top of
it were red blinking lights, digital lights, like on a digital clock, you
- This flying craft was actually 'hovering' over us, as
though it were looking at us while we stood stunned looking at it. Then
the silence was broken with my friend letting out the most deafening
scream. She started running towards the lake and I didn't know what
to do, so I ran behind her. That's when I noticed the aircraft was moving
slowly now also in the same direction we were running and I came to my
senses. "My friend, I yelled, turn around, where are you going?, turn
around, lets run back, she finally turned around and we started running
back towards the pathway's to my house. The flying craft kept going towards
the lake but extremely slow. My heart was just pounding with excitement
and I was running as fast as I could because I figured I could show it
to my parents before if flew out of sight. My friend was in hysterics,
bawling and crying and totally out of breath when we reached my house.
- I plowed through our kitchen door and convinced my parents
to come out in the backyard. Dad, Dad, I seen a flying saucer, Dad come
here, quick! Look, do you see it??? See the red lights?? Do you see them??
Well that's 'all' both my parents were able to make out, was the red lights
flashing. (As by then the craft was through the park across the highway
- and over Lake Ontario just to the left of Fairfield National
- My Father then decided to call Kingston's Airport and
ask if anything was 'flying' at the moment in that area. (as the Airport
is in that direction). We figured they must be able to see it out there
window, but the guy on the phone said, "He doesn't see anything, and
nothings in that area, that maybe your daughter saw a star twinkling, sometimes
people mistake stars for UFO's". (What a jerk). Then he also called
the local radio station to see if anyone else reported anything unusual,
but they said "Nope", and hung up.
- It was quite the experience and I'm still trying to talk
myself out of what I saw because how could that be? For several years
later, I experienced some weird dreams which I blamed on the 'experience.' One
where I'm in this bright room standing alone and above me are 2 men with
pale white skin and big dark eyes and wearing long ivory robes, they are
standing on some balcony, peering at me over a railing of some kind. They
don't speak, but I know what they're saying. One is a 'good' man and one
is mean, the good man demands for them to release me 'because she's one
of the good ones', but the mean man is not too pleased about the decision
to release me, then I wake up! The other dreams are pretty scary,
of 'them' attacking earth and so on.
- Well I hope you 'believe' my story, I'd be willing to
take a lie detector test. As for my friend, I've lost contact with
her over the years after that night things weren't the same with us. She,
for instance, told me she never wants to discuss this 'flying' thing ever
again, and if I tell anyone and they ask her, she'll deny seeing anything. (I
don't understand why she wouldn't want to discuss it. Who cares what others
think, I know I'm not crazy. I know what I saw and I will never forget
- Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.
- 10 Miles South Of Ft. Hunter Liggett Army Base, Jolon,
- Date: June 1998 (approx)
- Time: Approx: 9:30 p.m.
- Number of witnesses: 2
- Number of objects: 1
- Shape of objects: Saucer
- Full Description of event/sighting: At the time of the
sighting my ex husband and I were living in the hills of the Central California
coastal mountain range. My husband had mentioned that, the night before,
he had seen a strange light on the horizon in the direction of the army
base, and decided to go out on the next night and try to see if it came
back. After being outside about 1/2 hour, he called me outside and handed
- I saw what can only be described as a classic saucer....grey,
like two inverted saucers stuck together, and a row of lights around the
middle. The lights blinked slowly off and on, and they were red, green
or blue, and white. This thing hovered low on the horizon, then shot off
to the left in the blink of an eye and hovered there, then shot back and
hovered...then turned on it's side, did some weird stuff (tip on it's side,
then right itself again), and finally after about 5 minutes it slowly descended
below the horizon.
- Ft. Hunter Liggett Army base is an experimental testing
base. I worked there for three years previously, and had seen things like
the apache helicopters hovering still while shooting javelin missiles and
whatnot, and this thing was not at all like anything I had previously seen
on that base.
- I thought at the time that the army had a working flying
saucer and was testing it. But I don't know, of course, and wasn't working
there at the time of the sighting.
- I have looked on the net and saw that there is an abduction
story from a soldier stationed there in the late 60s. It doesn't surprise
me one bit.
- Thank you to the witness for the really interesting sighting
- Steger, Illinois Orb Keeps Showing Up
- Date: October (?) 1999
- Time: 10:00 p.m.
- Number of witnesses: 2
- Number of objects: 4
- Shape of objects: Orb
- Full Description of event/sighting: The events started
on a late night in October, I was out skateboarding and on my
way home. I stopped to light up a cigarette and out of the corner of my
eye I thought I was seeing a meteor coming towards me .It came
to a dead stop and I felt paralyzed in fear. It was a color changing
ball first, it was blackish then blue about 30 feet wide. It hovered above
the street for a couple of minutes then zipped off. I was so damn scared I
wanted to run over to the persons house next to me, but I knew they
would have thought I was crazy. I jumped on my board and
went home. Thinking it was the end of that experience, I told my girlfriend
about it that night.
- She didn't believe me until a couple days later when
we were hanging out at the park. I looked up and saw lights criss crossing
in a cross like pattern. I tried to show her, but it disappeared,
so about a half hour went by when we got bored and went to go hang
out by the woods. About fifteen minutes later when we were leaving
the whole wooded area lit up like a Christmas tree, we both ran away. The
weird part about that was she had a deposable camera on her, (which
we were taking pictures all day) the batteries ended up missing.
- She never wanted to talk about it which I thought
was strange. A week later she was picking me up and we were on our way
to her house when we both saw that ball, orb shooting down then disappearing.
She thought it was a meteorite. I thought otherwise, it was racking
my nerves and I was sick of it already. A couple months later I
was at work, Manteno, Illinois. I was on break when that orb
pulled the same maneuver over the corn field. I thought I was
going crazy but that was the last time I saw any more of that stuff.
Some people would love to see that kind of stuff. Me personally, I
didn't enjoy it, it felt like they or whatever it was knew what I
was thinking - yea fear.
- Thank you to the witness for the report.
- Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba (Updated 1/10/2007)
- Date: Late August 2002
- Time: Approx: 3:00 a.m.
- It happened late August 2002. I live in Manitoba (Canada)
and just to the Southwest corner of Riding Mountain National Park are a
few lakes. I stay at a one of those lakes. It was approx. 3:00 p.m. Variable
cloud, otherwise a very clear sky. I had been out fishing for a few hours
that day and the fish were slow at biting from the heat of summer. I was
just about to come in to the shoreline somewhat from the center of the
lake. I reeled in and set the rod in the boat. I felt a strong gust of
wind, having been fairly calm all that day and week...It caused me to look
up to the sky. Suddenly there directly above me stationary in the sky was
a silver disc object. The blue sky in contrast for the background. I could
see the edge of a cloud float by above the disc, then blue sky again. It
was up a distance in altitude but not to the clouds, and not to the point
where I had to try to make out the object. It was very clear and very real.
I was rather shocked, it is not what you expect to see.
- The first thought: I was just seeing things, quickly
I realized that what I was looking at was really there. I was in awe, my
heart was racing..it was there for 1 to 2 minutes (maybe longer), then
it went straight up into the sky.
- The accent was different from any flying machine that
I had known of. It had instantaneous movement and it was very smooth. There
was no contrail of any sort..nor was there any sounds from it, not that
I could hear (the boat was idling) the ship (object) itself was not huge
but not small from what I could see. I also noticed it to be smooth surface,
but it was not close enough for any other details to be revealed. The lake
where the sighting took place is rather secluded and the are very few people
there during the week days.
- "Now this is what I failed to mention to you, when
I reported this".
- I failed to mention, my two friends that were on board
with me at the time of this encounter. I stated about the object above
and pointed it out immediately to them.
- I never mentioned my friends before..because they never
saw it or they don't remember. They were falling all over the boat and
over each other as this craft sat in the sky above us. My friends were
very disoriented. I saw them like they were drugged..which of course they
were not... Everything happening was in very slow motion. It was like I
was about to faint or pass out..that is how I felt from everything slowing
down. You know how you feel on the verge of passing out do to and injury
- I kept yelling at my friends who seemed to almost be
coherent..but they continued to stumble everywhere. Between looking up
at the silver disc and trying to get my friends to look at it..took some
time..None made any sense at all to me..that is why I am not sure how long
the whole thing took place. It was most certainly at least 2 minutes. They
seemed very normal after the encounter..but it was almost like coming our
of a sleep state..We all were not very talkative..or they were not..I was
more fully awake ..so to speak.
- I ask my two friends very regularly about it..to see
if they remember..They do get uneasy looks and say they don't. That is
why I never included them in my sighting report. Because they never saw
it..or they don't remember it at the least.
- I was reading about time slowing down in other peoples
encounters and I figured I better come clean with this..
- Even though I didn't include this in my first report.
It just made a bit more sense to me now..and I feel it was a very important
part that I should not have omitted.
- There was a definite slow down in time..or a time fluctuation
that was not constant in the entire area..because to me, my two friends
were slowed down even as they stumbled around..they seemed to do it in
slow motion..and I was still in "normal" time fro my perspective.
- I know there are other things that happened during that
time period..but..I do not know what it is..I cannot remember..It is very
much bugging me.
- Thanks Brian..I do apologize for not revealing everything
I remembered the first time I reported this..If any more future encounters
happen..I will tell you everything I can remember..how ever odd or unimportant
it may seem at the time.
- I am so glad you are back with your site..The world needs
to know the truth..You are a large factor in helping reveal it to everyone.
It's good to have you back..and good luck in your ventures!
- Take care.
- Thank you to the witness for the report.
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan A Tear Drop Shaped Craft
- HBCC UFO Research Note: This report just came into me
today, January 12, 2007 and the son provided diagrams to go along with
the sighting report. As soon as the new media system is uploaded into the
website I will certainly post the diagrams.
- Date: Late November, early December 2005.
- Time: 9:10 p.m.
- Hi Brian, I just finished with a report for you from
my father. He had been witness to a craft that was over Saskatoon in the
late 2005 winter. I found his sighting very strange and thought it important
that we get this to you. My father is retired and he has seen many things
in his life. Never has he seen anything like this before in his 70 years
- Object - Straight sided, sideways tear drop shaped craft.
- I was in Saskatoon traveling north and going home when
I turned onto ravine drive and drove about half way up the hill. That is
when I first noticed an object all lit up southwest of me. It was not moving
when I first saw it. So my first thought was that it was a brightly decorated
spruce tree for Xmas. I quickly realized that it was about 50 feet off
the ground in the sky and no more than a city block away from me. It took
me by surprise after I had a good look at it
- In the sky I saw what appeared to be a craft that looked
almost tear shaped but sideways. I slowed down to a crawl and watched it
hovering for about 10 seconds. I rolled down my window to get a more clear
view and to see if I could hear any sounds. I could only see the outline
of the craft by its multicolor lights that surrounded the object. I could
not see what color the craft itself was nor could I see anything jutting
out as it was too dark out. I then thought maybe a helicopter. I could
not accept that, as what it was though. As you know helicopters make a
lot of noise and there was none. The trees near the object were not moving
from any wind either. Also the local police and emergency service do not
have a helicopter for Saskatoon.
- But what I did see, was that it looked like the body
of the craft had only straight lines to it, no curves just straight lines.
The glare of the lights prevented me from seeing the actual structure.
- The lights were very bright and the colors were light
red, dark red, blue, green and gold. The lights were very rich in color.
- As I was moving very slowly in my car..I was side by
side with the object and I could tell that it was creeping very, very slowly
ahead. It then slightly banked to the south. After about 10 seconds the
object banked sharply to the direct south giving me full view of the bottom
of the craft and still no sound from it, as it slowly descended down the
other side of a hill that it was by and then it headed down towards the
- It was about a block away at all times as I slowed down
to a crawl. It did not vanish quickly, but it moved at a very slow pace.
When it slowly disappeared from the top of the hill and headed toward the
river, that is when I lost sight of the object.
- The entire sighting took about 15 to 20 seconds with
no sounds coming from the object.
- I do feel that when I slowed down more..That maybe they
took notice to me observing this and that caused the object to start its
sharp bank and then slowly disappear.
- When the craft left, it was going about 5 mph as if it
was looking for something as it was leaving.
- The size from what I could tell..It was approx. 35 ft
long ---15 ft. wide -----10 ft high
- I have included quick drawings of the craft.
- The black dots on the pictures represent the placement
of the multicolor lights on the craft as I saw it.
- It seemed that the front of the craft was the larger
part, the cockpit area so to speak and the narrow part was the rear..That
is what I am assuming as I watched the craft in motion.
- After watching this craft leave as it did, seemingly
in search of something. I feel it was not ours and I thought is this real?
How can this be? It was all very weird to me.
- Brain, if there is anything I missed please feel free
to contact me. I will relay to my father if you have any additional questions.
- Thank you to my friend and his father for the excellent
- South of France Near Saint Tropez An Unusual Experience
- June 2006
- Time: Afternoon
- Hi, This is difficult to explain. I was in my office
- my wife running in and breathless. She said "come outside
- and look" So what we saw here in the South of France
(near Saint Tropez) is somewhat as follows.
- It was a cloudy day with only a few blue little spots
here and there. Dark grey clouding and no wind. Now imaging a transparent
glass balloon of about 1 Kilometer diameter. So there is nothing to see,
but this balloon passes through the clouds slowly but not very slowly.
I would say 3 minutes from horizon to horizon in one straight line.
- The line was parallel to the general coast line/direction
from Marseille to Nice. Behind the "balloon" the cloud is gone
and you see the blue sky. You see clearly the amazing round aspect
of the beginning of this tunnel
- which is created. Like slowly with a transparent pingpongball
through the creme. (Creme is that English)
- The object doing it must have been massive and invisible,
but it could also have been an experiment of the French Airforce with a
giant laser evaporating the clouds. But with a laser you have not much
concave imprint at the fore_side you slowly see moving.
- It's almost the opposite of a chem trail but not misty
- It's is if with a knife through the butter. Their was no wind and even
an hour later you saw slowly half of the trail or tunnel which was
filled up again, but you could still see there had been something. Compared
with the many planes we have here, the size was 10 times the size
- of a Boeing. Thanks for listening.
- Thank you to the witness for the report.
- North East Of Brandon, Manitoba - UFO Sighting Lasted
A Long Time
- Date: Summer 2006
- Time: After 12:00 a.m.
- Number of witnesses: 1
- Number of objects: 1
- Shape of objects: Round
- Full Description of event/sighting: It occurred in the summer
of 2006. I was relaxing in my pool. It was really late at night, some time
after midnight when I noticed a shiny object in amongst the stars. It was
a clear starry sky. At first I just thought it was a star, a really bright
shiny star. I noticed it began to move, then I thought maybe it was an
airplane. The only thing was that the light from this object wasn't flashing
like an airplane. I must have watched this object for at least 20 - 30
- I wasn't sure what I was seeing. I thought maybe my eyes
were playing tricks on me, but the longer I watched it the more it
did. At first it moved very slowly sideways, then all of a sudden it dropped
from its original position, then it stopped and started moving sideways
again very slowly. I wasn't sure what I was witnessing. There was no one
else was with me at the time. It stayed like that for a couple of minutes
then all of a sudden it dropped straight down at a very fast speed and
then disappeared. I am not sure of it's shape , it was quite a distance
away from me to get a really good look at the shape. But I do know from
where I watched it, it looked like a big bright star.
- Thank you very much to the eyewitness for the report.
- Tenerife, Puerto Santiago A Bright Disc Shaped Object
- Date: December 25, 2006
- Time: Approx: 1:10 a.m.
- Hello, I wish to report a UFO sighting in Tenerife over
Christmas. I was on holiday in Tenerife over Christmas, staying at the
Barcelo Santiago Hotel in Puerto Santiago. The view from the balcony looked
out to the sea and the island of La Gomera. Early on Christmas morning,
around 1.10am, I was on the balcony looking at the stars...it was a beautiful
night with a clear sky, and I watched a plane coming in to land to my left.
As I looked up to the stars to my right, I saw a very bright disc shaped
- It moved at great speed, in a craft like motion, kind
of bouncing as it moved. It was observable for maybe only 30 seconds, moving
from one end of my visible sight to the other, east to west. I have seen
a satellite move in a steady motion across the sky at night, and a weather
balloon, but this was neither. It was without doubt a very fast moving
- I googled UFO Tenerife when I arrived home and to my
amazement, found a link to a UFO sighting in almost the exact same spot,
with Los Gigantes cliffs to the right. It would appear that Tenerife is
a UFO hotspot.
- Yours sincerely.
- Thank you to the witness for the report.
- Oakland, California Multiple Lights And Craft
- HBCC UFO Research Note: This UFO event took place over
- Date: January 8, 2007 - (Three craft sighted (or sets
of craft in formation)
- Time: Approx: 7:00 p.m.