- You may have been shocked by Ted Pike's recent expose
of permission-for-pedophilia in the Babylonian Talmud. He quotes passages
directly from the Talmud that sanction sex with boys under the age of 9
or girls under the age of 3-1/2 (See,
- Pedophilia: The Talmud's Dirty Secret). Apparently, rabbis
liked to molest small children a few thousand years ago.
- Worse, they still like and excuse it today.
- The leftist Jewish blogosphere buzzed recently with an
eyewitness account from Rabbi Nuchem Rosenberg of child molestation in
gay bathhouses in Jerusalem. This report has been circulated on popular
Jewish blogs, including jewschool ("Mishegaas," Nov. 12) and
failedmessiah ("For Marvin Schick: Mikva Man-on-Boy Abuse," Nov.
- Jewish blog Chaptzem was first to post scans of Rosenberg's
eyewitness reports (in Yiddish and Hebrew). He tells of seeing 7- and 8-year-old
boys sexually abused in the sauna of a mikvah, a bathhouse where Orthodox
Jews undergo ritual purification (http://chaptzem.blogspot.com/2005/08/mikvah-expert-nuchem-rosenberg-blasts.html).
- Rabbi Rosenberg, who is a world-traveling mikvah expert,
expressed horror and grief at the sight. He said when he went to the religious
authorities in Jerusalem they refused to act, saying the bathhouse pedophiles
give them money to subsidize mikvahs.
- "If this place would be in America," wrote
Rosenberg, "all the participants would be in jail, and even according
to the laws of the Zionist government, such a place would be closed down.
But here, in the holy city of Yerushalayim (Jerusalem), in beis zupnik,
the mikvah remains open and everything is permissible."
- Most Jewish readers who commented on the failedmessiah
post accept the authority of Rosenberg's account. One wrote, "While
what he writes seems extreme, it matches what many abuse victims claim."
- While dredging the web to research this topic, I stumbled
on dozens of comments and even entire blogs written by Orthodox Jews about
childhood sexual abuse.
- In the eighties, Orthodox Rabbi Ephraim Byrks was accused
of sexually molesting women, boys, and girls in Canada. He was sheltered
and defended by his Orthodox community in Winnipeg, and in 1990 he accepted
a position as principal of a Jewish day school in Montreal and from there
went to New York and started another Torah school.
- In 1993, one of Byrks' victims, 17-year-old Daniel Levin,
killed himself. After a documentary (Unorthodox Conduct, 2004, Canadian
Broadcasting Corp.) was produced about the suicide, the child-molesting
rabbi was forced out of work in the education field.
- But within two years, Byrks was back as principal of
a Russian elementary boys' yeshiva in Brooklyn, and later started another
Talmud boys' school in Queens. In 2001, the New York Post published an
article by Douglas Montero exposing Byrks as a child molester ("Queens
Yeshiva Boss is a Molester: Boy's Mom," March 31, 2001). Yet "Once
again," says the Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault (JCASA),
"there wasn't a tremendous reaction within the Rabbinical or Jewish
- Today, Byrks lives as a private citizen and the cases
against him remain open, according to JCASA. For a quarter of a century,
he was involved in the Rabbinical Council of America (RCA) and he currently
serves on the Vaad Harabonim of Queens, a committee responsible for important
decisions for the Jewish community.
- Is it possible that Orthodox rabbis like Byrks excuse
their abuse of children with verses from the Talmud? It's more than possible;
it's almost a certainty.
- One Jewish blogger (http://dovbear.blogspot.com/2006/11/mail-about-mikvaos.html)
posted an email that attests, "I personally know of many many boys
who were molested in mikva'os.
- I am in close contact with an ex-chassidishe young adult
who, over time, was raped by at least 10 men; among them, rebbeim, often
- JCASA also reports on another rabbi, Moshe Eiseman, who
was first credibly accused of child molestation 15 years ago yet remains
an authority in the Orthodox community in Philadelphia ("Call to Action,"
Sept. 3, 2006).
- The allegations have been confirmed with numerous victims,
reports the Awareness Center. Yet Eiseman remains employed by Ner Israel
(a prominent Talmud school in Baltimore) and lives on their campus with
access to children.
- None of the Jewish bloggers express approval or acceptance
for rabbis who rape kids. Most express horror and call for these men to
be reported to the authorities. These writers represent the larger Jewish
community which is led like sheep by evil leaders. Most Jews don't even
know that their own sacred Talmud sanctions child abuse.
- But it does. Rabbinic Judaism is an evil vine dripping
with poisonous fruit, "full of all uncleanness," as Jesus said.
And today-in the forms of Zionism, leftist Jewish activism, and Talmudic
Judaism-it entangles the lives of 14 million Jews, 1.3 billion Muslims
and 2 billion Christians.
- Today, evangelical Christians donate millions per year
to the state of Israel-most of which is entrusted to the care of rabbinic
authorities. Would Christians give so generously if they knew how untrustworthy
are the recipients of their gifts? Of course not.
- But their ignorance is not easily excused. Both evangelicals
and Jews are notorious for closing their minds to the slightest criticism
of Jewish leadership-a willful blindness that has enabled Jewish leaders
to attain tremendous power. For such partiality, the church will be held
accountable, both here and in the hereafter. We will have to answer to
God if we subsidize Jerusalem mikvahs where small boys are raped, instead
of preaching the sin-reproving gospel that could save Jewish souls.
- Harmony Grant is a staff writer for the National Prayer
Network, a Christian/conservative watchdog group.
- DON'T LET THE FEDERAL HATE BILL END FREE SPEECH!
- Come to www.truthtellers.org to print out a powerful
flyer warning about impending federal hate crimes legislation.
- TALK SHOW HOSTS: Interview NPN director Rev. Ted Pike
on the danger of the federal hate law. Call 503-631-3808.
- NATIONAL PRAYER NETWORK, P.O. Box 828, Clackamas, OR