- From The Merriam Webster Dictionary:
- Main Entry: para·nor·mal
- Function: adjective
- * Not scientifically explainable*
- "There are more things in Heaven and Earth Horatio,
- Than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
- - William Shakespeare.
- Brian Vike, Director of HBBC UFO Research, has kindly
taken the time to answer a few questions for our PROOF readers. A web search
on Brian reveals hits in the thousands. He isn't a ghost hunter, if
your home has a spirit, contact PROOF. But, if you have seen some
unexplainable lights in the sky, or perhaps a large hairy beast strolling
in your back yard, he is the man to tell. Virtually everyday, you will
find him at his keyboard, typing as fast as his fingers can type.
- Getting reports filed & online. Folks from literally
all over the world, find their way to Mr. Vike. He has provided a safe
& well established site for UFO reports. Everyday average folks
like you & me, as well as a vast number of reports from the military
& government officials end up on his site. From Argentina to Nova Scotia,
& everywhere in between. A regular guest on the Jeff Rense show, The
Wayne & Jayne show, and has made appearances on countless others.
- Proof Tracey: Brian, I would like to thank you
for taking the time to let our PROOF readers get to know you better.
- Could you share a little bit about HBCCUFO.org &
what you hope to see accomplished from it?
- Brian Vike: HBCC UFO Research was formed due to the interest
I have in the UFO topic. This going back many years from watching Sci-Fi
movies, etc. I later got into astronomy and belonged to two different organizations.
One being in the United States called the American Variable Star Observers
and the other The Royal Astronomical Association of Canada. Actually I
was going to focus mainly on investigating UFO sightings from here in British
Columbia, Canada. But due to the large amount of sighting reports that
came in, I soon moved HBCC UFO Research to covering sightings worldwide.
Of course the idea is to try to solve the many cases that arrive here.
Most are explainable, and then there are the ones that leave me scratching
my head. Right now I am taking HBCC UFO Research International with hopes
of offering people a better service.
- Proof Tracey: At this point, all we can do is offer our
opinions, theories, thoughts on life beyond this planet. Keeping that in
mind, & going through your archived reports & comparing that to
more recent years, it seems the UFO reports are on the rise. Do you think
UFO activity has increased in current years, or do you think it is just
a matter of more people coming forward with what they have witnessed, as
when in earlier years, they might have seen something, but not come forward
in fear of ridicule?
- Brian Vike: I certainly do believe UFO activity has increased
and is increasing every year. I guess the population is growing each and
every year by millions, more folks to possibly observe something. Also
I do believe that people are becoming more open minded to the idea that
there may be life out there somewhere. But of course, if there is life,
do they have the means to travel the great distances to get here? Always
more questions than answers it seems. The internet has become the tool
of choice by many filing reports, it is easy to file a report, plus they
still can keep in the shadows from others, who may ridicule them, but the
ridicule factor is still here and we loose a lot of reports due to people
not wanting to get involved.
- Proof Tracey: Brian what advice would you give
to someone that has encountered a UFO, but is hesitant or embarrassed to
- Brian Vike: My advice to anyone who has been witness
to a UFO sighting would be, look around for someone in the field you can
hopefully feel comfortable with. Someone who will protect your privacy
at all costs. Not passing your personal information "to anyone"
for any reason. Matter of fact I have run into just this, other UFO people
pass a witnesses private information along to them so they can look into
each reported sighting, this of course without a witnesses prior permission. But
information. I state this on my site and follow my own guidelines. If we
want people to file a report, then we better respect these people
and get permission from each of them to pass their personal information
along to someone else. I believe this is one of the most important areas
of UFOlogy. Speaking for myself, anyone who sends their UFO report to HBCC
UFO, they can be assured that their personal information will stay here
with me. Also people shouldn't feel hesitant or embarrassed about filing
a report, if you see something then I would suggest reporting it. Like
yourselves, I am looking for the answer to what you saw, and I am sure
you also would like to have an answer. Plus millions are seeing unusual
sights, you're not alone.
- Proof Tracey: Indeed excellent advice & a wonderful
- Proof Tracey: Could you give us your personal definition
- Brian Vike: I guess my definition for UFOlogy would
be trying to solve the large question, is there life out there and are
or were they here.
- Proof Tracey: what got you interested in UFO research?
- Brian Vike: My love for astronomy and the unexplained
is what pretty much got me into UFOlogy, I like a good mystery. Plus if
hard evidence could be provided to say they are here or visiting our planet,
this would be earth shattering news.
- Proof Tracey: Have you ever encountered a
- Brian Vike: Yes I have been witness to a UFO; certainly
it was and still is an unexplained event. This sighting took place here
where I reside, in Houston, British Columbia and was witnessed by others
and excellent video footage was taken. When one watches something
such as I did that is so unusual, it really can be a life changing experience.
- Proof Tracey: Amazing!!
- Proof Tracey: Looking back on some reports sent
to you, & taking into consideration, that there are several different
types of reported UFOs, what are your thoughts on whether there may be
more than one type of life beyond our galaxy?
- Brian Vike: There is the possibility of there being more
than one kind, or type of life form out there. We hear stories on just
this topic all the time. But once again, these are stories related to us
and as it stands right now, I have no proof to back up any of these claims
people make. Until we do receive the hard evidence, we will still wonder.
- Proof Tracey: Brian, are there any current projects
you are working on that you would like to share with our readers?
- Brian Vike: I haven't anything big in the works; I am
slowly putting together a yearly magazine which will carry only the best
of the best cases. I am also trying to put together a documentary, having
the best of the best cases told. Other than this, just keeping busy with
looking into the many reports I receive.
- Proof Tracey: In all the years of reports you have received,
what are some consistencies & similarities that you have found within
these reports? I.e. no sound when UFO was present.
- Brian Vike: Of course there are a number of different
objects/crafts being observed, but still there are similarities. You noted
about the sound, most unknowns witnessed seem to not produce any sound.
Lights on objects are similar in color or shape. Many objects around airports and
military bases look close to being the same shape and having the same features.
I guess there is a good variety of them out there, but still many carry
the same similarities.
- Proof Tracey: In the past, I have watched documentaries
that have dealt with USOs (Unidentified Submerged Objects) Have you received
reports of USOs?
- Brian Vike: I may have received maybe two reports
on USOs, many above water, but not much has come in where a craft is observed
going in and out of a body of water.
- Proof Tracey: what drives you to keep going with
- Brian Vike: Basically trying to find the answer, are
they here! Also I really do enjoy listening to someone tell their story
of what they saw. This can be amazing.
- Proof Tracey: Can you tell us a little bit about
The Vike Report?
- Brian Vike: The Vike Report is the actual eyewitness
retelling what experience they had, either a UFO sighting or a Missing
Time event. I placed 127 of these audio reports onto two CD which I have
for sale on my website. I had them free for everyone at one point until
there got to be so many MP3 clips that I had to remove them from the website
due to the clips taking up a ton of bandwidth. But these are the eyewitnesses
telling me their stories in a telephone interview.
- Proof Tracey: Any advice for the avid sky watcher?
- Brian Vike: Any advice I would give to a sky watcher
would be when observing something strange, make notes. Try to remember
as much detail as possible about what you saw. If others are with you,
please have them file a report as well. Someone always sees something just
a little different and their information is so helpful. But the main thing
is to have the date, time and as much detail as possible. Anything that
may be left out, I will write the witness back to see what other information
they may not have provided in their report.
- Proof Tracey: Excellent advice Brian.
- Proof Tracey: Do you have any reports that have
really stuck with you, & why?
- Brian Vike: Gosh yes, I have a number of report or cases
that I am still baffled over. One for example is the * Missing Time case
out of Kelowna B.C. It really is frustrating when one spends so much time
and can't get the answers to solve the mystery. There was and still is
lots of physical evidence to say something weird happened that night. Many
witnessed watch objects in the sky that night and even in the area where
the missing time took place. But to this day, this has to be one
of the most frustrating cases for me, all due to never getting answers
from the ones who would know. If it military or some other official. There
are also many more cases like this I haven't a clue over as to what happened,
or I should say what caused the event.
- Proof Tracey: Many of our readers might be intrigued
to know, that in addition to UFO reports that you also deal with Bigfoot
sightings as well. Along those lines, you yourself have taken an active
role in the past in the hunt for Sasquatch. Have you collected any significant
- Brian Vike: I really enjoy the Sasquatch/Bigfoot topic.
I will certainly investigate a report if it should come into me. I do have
some good reports from different areas. But as for significant evidence,
no I really don't have this. I do have photos of areas where the critter
was alleged to have been seen, alleged droppings of the critter. But no
- Proof Tracey: What are your thoughts on whether or not,
a Sasquatch species might possibly exist?
- Brian Vike: Sasquatch like UFOs, they have been seen
for years and years. Our native people talk about the Sasquatch for generations.
Same goes for UFOs, I guess if I am to believe in the possibility of UFOs,
then I should have an open mind to Sasquatch.
- Proof Tracey: Well said Brian.
- Proof Tracey: Mr. Vike, in closing, I would like to give
my sincere thank you. This has been an enjoyable, & a learning experience.
- Tracey H.
- Proof Paranormal
- The photos shown in the missing time case in Kelowna
B.C. may be graphic to some of our readers, & viewer discretion is
- If you are interested in visiting Brian Vike's massive
website at http://www.hbccufo.org,
grab a cup of coffee, you might be there awhile.