- There are apparently still a few stragglers who refuse
to accept the fact that the American multi-trillion dollar mistake in Iraq
was made under the influence of Israeli agents in the White House (note
this uncharacteristically stupid article by Stephen Zunes, containing every
straw man in the book, and coming down to the fact that we can't speak
the truth now as it sounds too much like untrue anti-Semitic attacks made
in the past). Of course, there were many other reasons for the attack,
and the politics of empire requires that many interest groups have to be
serviced when such a major action is taken. No one can argue that the Israeli
agents were the only reason for the attack. The Israeli agents were not
a sufficient condition for the attack, but they were a necessary condition.
The attack would never have occurred but for the actions of those working
- If you are still not convinced, consider the fact that
the Americans are in the middle of using the United Nations and a false
concern about the Hariri assassination to plot an attack against Syria
(or here). Those who argue against an Israeli cause for the Iraq attack
rely on other American possible reasons for wanting regime change in Iraq.
What reason can the United States possibly have for attacking Syria?:
- Does Syria have weapons of mass destruction? Nope.
- Does Syria have a program to build weapons of mass destruction?
- Does Syria have a nuclear program? Nope.
- Does Syria have or plan to have nuclear weapons? Nope.
- Does Syria pose any possible threat to the United States?
- Does Syria have a strategically important quantity of
- Does the United States need Syria as a place to build
bases to control the Middle East? Nope.
- Does control of Syria give the Americans any strategic
benefits whatsoever? Nope.
- Was Syria involved with the September 11 attack? Nope.
- Is Syria connected to al Qaeda? Nope. In fact, the Syrian
government is one of the biggest enemies of Islamist terrorist groups.
- Did Syria try to blow up Bush's father? Nope.
- All of the many reasons that the Zionists claim are
the real reasons the Americans attacked Iraq simply do not apply to Syria.
So why are John Bolton and the Americans well on their way to attacking
- The answer is obvious. Israel. In Sharon's last interview
(with the Japanese newspaper Nikkei) he was asked the question "Do
you think the Golan Heights will stay under Israeli sovereignty forever?"
- "I don't see any situation where Israel will not
be sitting on the Golan Heights. For 19 years the northern part of Israel
was under heavy war of attrition. We are not going to return to this situation,
although Israel will never attack Syria."
- This just repeats Sharon's position on the matter. It
is an illegal position under international law, and one that is impossible
to maintain unless the Syrian government is replaced by an American puppet.
The post-Sharon Likud position calls for 'defensible borders', which includes
permanent control of the Golan Heights. The next American war will unquestionably
be fought solely for Israeli right-wing interests. Why does it continue
to be so hard to accept the real necessary condition for the last American
- The last attack is past, and the damage it caused can't
be fixed, at least not by any possible present or future American government.
I'm concerned about the future. Failure to acknowledge the real malign
influence of Zionism over the American government is going to doom Syria
- and no doubt many other Arabs in the Middle East - to the grim fate of
the Iraqis. If you don't cast blame where it is due you are going to be
morally responsible for the deaths which are clearly coming, all at the
instance of Israel. Failure to acknowledge the truth based on some bad-faith
concern about possible anti-Semitism also leaves you intellectually unable
to answer some of the mysteries about American politics (it also falls
into the Zionist trap of conflating an attack on Zionism with an attack
on Jews, forgetting that the real power behind Zionism in the United States
is Christian Zionism). Why did the Democrats support the attack on Iraq?
Why do they turn down a perfect election issue and refuse - for the most
part - to call for withdrawal from Iraq? Why is nobody saying anything
about the upcoming holocaust against the Syrian people? There is only one
answer for all these questions.