- Hi Yanks and Canadians - I thought you all would like
to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months
since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381
personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing
Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.
- The first year results are now in: Australia-wide,
homicides are up 3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6
percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes,
44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms
are now up 300 percent.
- Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them
in, the criminals did not! (And criminals still possess their guns!)
- While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward
in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their
prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
assaults of the elderly.
- Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public
safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended
in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. You won't
see this on the American /Canadian evening news or hear your government
or members of the State Assembly amd Ottawa parliament disseminating this
- The Australian experience proves it.
- Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property
and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding public.
- Take note Americans and Canadians before it's too late!