- Professor Steven E. Jones is another in the long line
of conservatives in the political and academic world joining the 9/11 truth
movement and asking to open up further investigations on the true cause
- The BYU physics professor who believes the WTC collapsed
from a controlled demolition isn't alone in the academic community, as
a group of more than 60 colleagues from two universities also agreed with
Professor Steven E. Jones' conclusions.
- Jones told the Arctic Beacon Saturday in a telephone
conversation from Provo, Utah, he first presented his explosive conclusions
at Brigham Young University (BYU) on September 22, to 60 people from the
BYU and Utah Valley State College faculties, including professors of Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Geology, Mathematics and Psychology.
- After presently scientific arguments in favor of the
controlled demolition theory, Jones said everyone in attendance from all
backgrounds, conservative and liberal, were in total agreement further
investigation was needed.
- "I was quite surprised how my conclusions were received,"
said Jones, adding he plans to give two continue telling the public how
he came to his startling conclusions essentially ripping apart the official
government story that jet fuel brought down the towers, including Building
- "In fact, after I researched how Building 7 fell,
I am certain there existed pre-positioned explosives to bring down the
- Jones added that the contingent of faculty members at
the September seminar were all in agreement that the government needed
to "come clean" and release more that 6,900 photographs and close
to 7,000 segments of video footage, now being held from independent investigation
by the FBI and other agencies.
- Since day one, the Bush administration has safely guarded
much of the 9/11evidence, including the WTC steel hauled away by FEMA and
eye-witness testimony of basement explosions censored by the 9/11 Commission
and the state sponsored press, as well as discrediting many other scientists
or academics like Jones who have disagreed with the official story.
- "We are calling for the release of all the data,
including the videos and photos, in order that a cross-disciplinary, preferably
international team of scientists and engineers can reach an independent
conclusion," said Jones, adding all 60 professors in attendance agreed
with this course of action.
- "Since I decided to come forward with my findings,
I have found the people in the 9/11 community very supportive and helpful.
I hope my contribution will one day help get at the truth of what really
happened and specifically how the towers collapsed."
- Jones' theory on the way the towers collapsed was presented
in a 9,000 word formal paper already approved for publication in an upcoming
academic journal. The following is a partial explanation of how and why
he came to his conclusions that the WTC most likely collapsed due to pre-positioned
explosives. He writes:
- "In writing this paper, I call for a serious investigation
of the hypothesis that WTC 7 and the Twin Towers were brought down, not
just by damage and fires, but through the use of pre-positioned explosives.
- "I consider the official FEMA, NIST, and 9-11 Commission
reports that fires plus damage alone caused complete collapses of all three
buildings. And I present evidence for the explosive-demolition hypothesis,
which is suggested by the available data, testable and falsifiable, and
yet has not been analyzed in any of the reports funded by the US government.
- And the reasoning behind his conclusions can be summed
up as follows:
- * The three buildings collapsed nearly symmetrically,
falling down into their footprints, a phenomenon associated with "controlled
demolition" - and even then it's very difficult, he says. "Why
would terrorists undertake straight-down collapses of WTC-7 and the Towers
when 'toppling over' falls would require much less work and would do much
more damage in downtown Manhattan?" Jones asks. "And where would
they obtain the necessary skills and access to the buildings for a symmetrical
implosion anyway? The 'symmetry data' emphasized here, along with other
data, provide strong evidence for an 'inside' job."
- * No steel-frame building, before or after the WTC buildings,
has ever collapsed due to fire. But explosives can effectively sever steel
columns, he says.
- * WTC 7, which was not hit by hijacked planes, collapsed
in 6.6 seconds, just .6 of a second longer than it would take an object
dropped from the roof to hit the ground. "Where is the delay that
must be expected due to conservation of momentum, one of the foundational
laws of physics?" he asks. "That is, as upper-falling floors
strike lower floors - and intact steel support columns - the fall must
be significantly impeded by the impacted mass. . . . How do the upper floors
fall so quickly, then, and still conserve momentum in the collapsing buildings?"
The paradox, he says, "is easily resolved by the explosive demolition
hypothesis, whereby explosives quickly removed lower-floor material, including
steel support columns, and allow near free-fall-speed collapses."
These observations were not analyzed by FEMA, NIST nor the 9/11 Commission,
- * With non-explosive-caused collapse there would typically
be a piling up of shattering concrete. But most of the material in the
towers was converted to flour-like powder while the buildings were falling,
he says. "How can we understand this strange behavior, without explosives?
Remarkable, amazing - and demanding scrutiny since the U.S. government-funded
reports failed to analyze this phenomenon."
- * Horizontal puffs of smoke, known as squibs, were observed
proceeding up the side the building, a phenomenon common when pre-positioned
explosives are used to demolish buildings, he says.
- * Steel supports were "partly evaporated,"
but it would require temperatures near 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit to evaporate
steel - and neither office materials nor diesel fuel can generate temperatures
that hot. Fires caused by jet fuel from the hijacked planes lasted at most
a few minutes, and office material fires would burn out within about 20
minutes in any given location, he says.
- * Molten metal found in the debris of the World Trade
Center may have been the result of a high-temperature reaction of a commonly
used explosive such as thermite, he says. Buildings not felled by explosives
"have insufficient directed energy to result in melting of large quantities
of metal," Jones says.
- * Multiple loud explosions in rapid sequence were reported
by numerous observers in and near the towers, and these explosions occurred
far below the region where the planes struck, he says.
- For Jones' full report go to www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html.
- Greg Szymanski is an independent investigative journalist.