- Journalist OF GTRK "Novosibirsk" Mary Pashkova,
who several days ago visited those infected by ptichim influenza the regions
of Novosibirskaya Oblast, was hospitalized with symptoms of this illness
in the state scientific center of virology and biotechnology the "vector",
which is found near Novosibirsk in naukograde Kol'tsovo. As the correspondent
reports IA REGNUM recently this communication was sounded in the news issue
of television network.
- As itself reported Mary on the telephone, this is usual
procedure for those, who were in these territories and who had a contact
with the infected bird and after pochustvoval light indisposition. In the
center of virology Mary is completely isolated oi external peace. Scientists
already analyzed, but their results are not thus far known.
- The above online translation indicates a reporter covering
the H5N1 bird flu outbreak in Novosibirsk has been placed in isolate after
developing bird flu symptoms. Test results have not yet been made public.
- Novosibirsk has a large number of villages with H5N1.
The villages surround Chany Lake and at least nine independent isolates
have been obtained by Vektor Labs. The initial sequence data indicates
the H5N1 at Chany Lake is very similar to H5N1 from Qinghai Lake.
- Third party reports by boxun described human cases near
Qinghai Lake, but China has denied any human cases. Up to this point Russia
has also denied human cases, as has Kazakhstan. However, In Kazakhstan
a poultry worker in Pavlodar as well as a family of four that ate goose
meat developed symptoms. Similarly, in adjacent East Kazakhstan, 15 patrons
of a dining hall developed symptoms after eating chicken cutlets.
- The Qinghai isolates have been virulent in experimental
chickens and mice. The die-off of migratory birds at Qinghai Lake was
also without precedent.
- In Tomsk, adjacent to Novosibirsk, 20 patients have been
hospitalize with meningitis. The H5N1 bird isolates from Chany Lake appear
to have PB2 polymorphism, E627K, which is associated with increased virulence
in mice and neurotropism in mice, tigers, and ferrets.
- More information on the lab results on the reporter would