- Dear Jeff, There is a genocidal atrocity underway in
Colombia that threatens a highly sophisticated precolombian tribe known
as the Kogi.
- If you aren't familiar with these people, they are extraordinary,
and I urge you to take an interest. The documentary mentioned below is
one of the most extraordinary films I've witnessed. Please have a look.
- I'm pasting from a thread on the Democratic Underground
BB. Links are included for further information included details of how
their land has been ruined by the drug irradication poisons.
- Thanks and keep up the good work,
- Silent US Genocide against the "Heart of the World:
- My head is EXPLODING! I am so outraged right now at what
I have just learned about what has been done to the beautiful Kogi tribe
of South America by the MURDEROUS thugs controlling our country.
- Let me explain: In the early 90's I saw a documentary
called "From the Heart of the World: A Message from the Elder Brothers"
- It haunted me for years- a BBC employee made the film.
I saw it once and could not stop thinking about it for years. I finally
tracked it down, thanks to the net, and corresponded briefly with the man
who made the documentary and discovered that I could get a copy.
- In short, the message from the Elder Brothers, as the
Kogi refer to themselves, was based in CENTURIES of spiritual teaching
regarding a mountain which they believe is the heart of the world- the
message? When the mountain began to die, so would the world. HELLO? Global
warming has fulfilled this warning.
- Well, I just went to the Foundation trust site for the
Kogi and found this: An Open Letter to the President of the United States:
PLEASE READ IT AND FULLY COMPREHEND WHAT HAS HAPPENED. http://www.taironatrust.org
- Like I said, knowing what little I do know about the
Kogi, one of the last Indigenous peoples to remain as they have for CENTURIES
on the planet, a BEAUTIFUL society living in complete harmony with the
planet, my head is exploding. The utter EVIL that the Bushites are doing
on this planet MUST stop. NOW.
- About the Kogi: http://www.labyrinthina.com/kogi.htm
- "The Kogi know secrets about nature that would make
our scientists rethink their ideas on the environment and the universe.
They have a presence about them that commands respect. The power of their
mind is beyond comprehension. But few people outside of Colombia know who
they are and what they represent. Why do they call themselves the Elder
Brothers and how can we learn to live in the spiritual world that this
lost tribe lives in?
- 8 years ago I saw an amazing video called "From
the Heart of the World, The Elder Brothers Warning." It was about
a unique indigenous community that lived in Northern Colombia who say they
are keeping the world in balance. I was so impressed with these people
because they are still living with the same spiritual values and traditions
of their ancestors. But the ecological warning the Kogi shared touched
a nerve and made me realize they may be right."
- Please consider supporting to the Tairona Foundation-
they will send you a copy of the documentary and believe me, it will change
- Open Letter To The President Of The United
- From WJG Anthony
- By Paguita
- COLOMBIA -- About fumigations
in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
- I work for a French NGO , "Tchendukua" whose
goal is to recuperate land for the Kogi Indians living in the Sierra Nevada
de Santa Marta in Colombia.
- In 2000 we bought, La Luna, a land, with access to the
sea, It was the first time since the Spanish invasion, the Kogis had a
low land. They where so happy, full of hope.
- At the end of June 2004, La Luna became an " Indigenous
Reserve" , a protected area...
- The Sierra is also one of the UNESCO's "Biosphere
- Fifteen days later, on July 17th, a plane from Dyncorp
passed only once to fumigate La Luna. That was enough to provoke a complete
disaster. Some days ago, I saw the rushes of a second movie we have made
on the Kogis.
- Now, La Luna is like some places in Asia after the tsunami...
I could not believe it.
- The Kogis took five years to regenerate the soil, now
they will have to wait, at least, five more years to replant. Everything
is contaminated and the streams are dry because there are no more trees
to retain water. What are they going to eat? What are they going to drink?
Where to go? Tchendukua's director in Santa Marta organized some time ago
with the Kogis and the farmers around, the eradication of coca by hand.
There was no coca in La Luna.
- It is impossible that your sophisticated planes are unable
to detect Indians villages.
- In the movie there is a scene with a Kogi shaman sitting
in front of his house, in the middle of the devastation. He is crying.
- This image is unbearable and it will remain in my memory
forever. Yes, Mr. Bush, an image can turn people really angry.
- Remember the picture of Nick Ut showing a little girl
naked, burned by US Napalm, running on a road in Vietnam. This image had
an incredible impact in America.
- Condolezza Rice wants Colombia to change its laws and
spray in National Parks such as La Macarena, El Catatumbo, La Sierra Nevada
de Santa Marta, etc...
- To achieve that dirty job, a new aerial base for fumigation
planes will be build, $125 million US.
- The fumigation of La Luna on July 17th 2004 was completely
- In the Sierra, Kogis, Arsarios-Wiwas, Kankuamos and Arhuacos
are starting to have health problems , especially children (see notes-page
- In Vietnam, after 45 years, Agent Orange is still active.
The new poisoned cocktail is called Agent Green. If you take the ingredients
one by one, it doesn't seem so dangerous. If you mix them, highly concentrated,
it is a terrible weapon. The mixture is made with Monsanto Round Up Ultra,
Cosmoflux 411F (illegal in the US), POEA and the fungus fusarium oxysporum
- Dr David Sands, an American scientist who made some researches
on EN-4 admits (interview with the BBC-2000) that you can call it a Green
Warfare or a Biological Warfare.
- When you had a few cases of Anthrax in your country it
was immediately called a terrorist biological attack...
- The Dutch government donated 500.000 euros for the eradication
of coca by hand in the Amazonas and the Sierra. A part of this donation
is dedicated for substitution cultures and social development.
- The Netherlands asked the parks director, Julia Miranda,
to confirm whether the decision to fumigate on the protected aeras was
definitive, because if it were so, "it could be motive to request
the suspension of activities financed by his Embassy".
- Mr. Bush, you and your government, you will be responsible
for the genocide or ethnocide (see notes-page 10)) of the most ancient
and sophisticated precolombian cultures in Colombia.
- The proper name for this worthless so-called drugwar
is BIOLOGICAL and CHEMICAL WARFARE.
- Before writing this, I've asked to a Dr in Molecular
Biology if I could use those words, the answer was yes.
- Mr. Bush, will you dare to say that you are doing this
"In the Name of God"?
- Where are the courageous American scientists who helped
to stop the fumigations with Agent Orange in Vietnam in 1971?
- REQUIEM FOR THE SIERRA NEVADA DE SANTA MARTA... AND MANY
- UNITED NATIONS
- Economic and Social Council
- Distr. GENERAL E/CN.4/2005/88/Add.2 10 November 2004
- COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS Sixty-first session Item 15
- provisional agenda
- INDIGENOUS ISSUES
- Human rights and indigenous issues. Report of the Special
Rapporteur on the situation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of
indigenous people, Mr. Rodolfo Stavenhagen Addendum MISSION TO COLOMBIA*
- Page 10
- On the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta,
an area visited by the Special Rapporteur, the Kankuamo people (3,000 families,
13,000 people and 12 communities), who live inside the "black line"
which marks the traditional boundary of their territory, are now in the
process of reclaiming their indigenous identity. Their lands have been
recognized, but no reserve has yet been established. Guerrilla groups started
arriving in the 1980s and AUC set up a base there in the 1990s, with the
result that the number of kidnappings and murders escalated to a level
far above the rural and regional average, particularly from 1998 onwards.
It was then that the massacres of indigenous people, the mass displacements,
the blockades and the forced confinement of communities to their villages
began. More than 300 families are reportedly still displaced as a result
of attacks and threats of various kinds. The accounts given to the Special
Rapporteur testified to the continued ethnic cleansing, genocide and ethnocide
of the Kankuamo people despite the protective and precautionary measures
requested by the Ombudsman and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
and several urgent appeals by a number of special mechanisms of the Commission
on Human Rights.
- Page 14
- Indigenous organizations described to the Special Rapporteur
the adverse effects of indiscriminate spraying, including environmental
damage to the topsoil, fauna, flora and water, the destruction of subsistence
crops and direct damage to human health, including birth defects. The Special
Rapporteur was also told that there are technical and scientific studies
to substantiate these assertions. The indigenous peoples see the aerial
spraying of coca plantations as yet another violation of their human rights
and, save for a few occasions when they have given their consent, actively
oppose the practice; this position again brands them as guerrilla sympathizers,
as happened after the rights marches organized by certain indigenous communities
to protest against the spraying. The Office of the Ombudsman has received
318 complaints concerning spraying operations in three municipalities in
Putumayo in July 2002 and their effect on 6,070 families and 5,034 hectares