- Who is leading the Jews out of Gush Katif? According
to Haaretz reporter Uzi Benziman, a vocal advocate of "disengagement:"
Ariel Sharon, a wife murderer.
- Powerful suspicions that Sharon eliminated his first
wife and possibly his first son are widespread. Not so ironically, the
accusers are mostly from the "disengagement" supporters of the
Left, who made them when Sharon was their bogeyman, not hero.
- We begin our journey with the official version of events:
- Sharon has been widowed twice. Shortly after becoming
a military instructor, he married his first wife, Margalith, with whom
he had a son, Gur.
- Margalith died in an auto accident in 1962, and Gur died
in October 1967 after being shot while playing with his father's rifle.
After Margalith's death, Sharon married her younger sister, Lily.
- Now we hear from an Israel-hating Israeli musician:
- Meanwhile, Sharon's personal life story reveals another
spectrum of mystery not many people in the west know about. Sharon's family
has been blighted by accidental tragedies with no connection to the region's
endless wars. The Prime Minister's first wife, Margalit, was killed in
a car accident in 1962, and his eleven-year-old son, Gur, died in a shooting
accident in 1967. These are the dry facts.
- Few people know that Sharon's second wife, Lily, was
actually Margalit's younger sister. At the time there were some vicious
rumours that it was Sharon's affair with his wife's sister which led Margalit
to suicide. Gur found his death while playing with his father's loaded
gun. I myself have neither the means nor the intention to search for the
true story of Sharon's family affairs. On the contrary, I would argue that
the element of bloody gossip entangled with some libidinal rumours helped
to glorify the image of the promising young officer.
- Next a poet:
- This was idle gossip in the early seventies - Imagine
the ladies in Cafe Exodus on a Friday afternoon whispering about the strange
death of Sharon's first wife. She drove her car off the road, said one,
because she found out her husband was leaving her for her sister, Lily.
Someone fixed her brakes, said another.
- Next week the ladies are back - see! he's marrying the
sister! He got rid of her for sure.
- That was ALL I knew of Sharon in the seventies - that
his wife died under mysterious circumstances.
- Now a mystic:
- Sharon's first wife Margalit was supposed to have been
killed in a car crash in 1962. His wife's sister, Liala (known as Lily)
immediately moved in, to act as a "housekeeper" " a few
months later they were married. Then, not many years later, Sharon and
Margalit's son Gur (who, depending on which report you believe, was either
9 years old or 11 years old at the time) was accidentally killed playing
with one of Sharon's guns.
- One report I found from a Middle East magazine says that
the story about Margalit dying in a car crash was totally fabricated by
Sharon " they claim that the truth is that Margalit killed herself,
despondent over the revelation that Sharon and her sister were having an
- The direct link to this was expunged, but was fortunately
cached in Google (and to be on the safe side, I copied it into a permanent
- http://126.96.36.199/ search? q= cache:o0_x1NQuD3UC:
articles/ doc_2002/ autobiography.htm+ margalit+ sharon+ car+
accident&hl= en&ie= UTF-8
- Although there are minor sources of these suspicions,
one very major source stands out. He is Uzi Benziman, a reporter with Haaretz:
- "When he returned to Israel in 1962 his wife Margalit
was killed in a traffic accident. Sharon describes this event with honorable
restraint"precisely the same restraint with which he later describes
the death of his beloved son Gur, who was killed at the age of eleven when
another boy shot him unintentionally with a rifle that was in Sharon's
house. But touching as they are, even these two tales require the corrections
to be found in Benziman's book. Sharon ascribes his wife's accident to
the fact that the car she was driving, which they had brought back from
England, had right-wheel drive. But, according to Benziman, many of Sharon's
acquaintances believe his wife committed suicide in the accident after
discovering that Sharon was conducting an affair with her younger sister
Lily, who, shortly after her death, became Sharon's wife and the mother
of his children. Moreover, after his son's death Sharon was vengeful toward
the boy who had shot Gur, accusing him of intentionally killing him. The
boy and his mother, the widow of a pilot, were forced to leave their house,
which was near Sharon's."
- In his autobiography book Sharon says that his wife was
killed in a traffic accident, because the steering wheel was an English
type, and his son was killed by mistake by another child was playing with
Sharon's rifle. The Israeli journalist Uzi Benziman said in his book "
Sharon, Caesar of Israel that Sharon pretended to forget that his first
wife was not killed in a car accident but she committed suicide when discovered
the illicit love affair between Sharon and her sister Leila. After the
death of his first wife they, Sharon and Leila, actually got married. Concerning
the death of his son, Sharon as Benziman said was not tolerant as he said
in his autobiography, with the child's family. On the contrary, he used
all kinds of terrorism and brutality against them and forced them to move
to another place.
- Benziman claimed in his book, Sharon, Caesar Of Israel,
that Ariel Sharon deliberately drove his first wife to suicide, and that
is murder. This claim has led to broader charges in the Arab media:
- On May 6, 1962, Margalit was driving her car from Jerusalem
to Tel Aviv, when she suddenly veered out of her lane. A truck approaching
from the opposite direction was unsuccessful in avoiding her. She died.
Sharon died when he got the news, however, he remained silent during her
- The police investigation found Margalit responsible for
reckless and negligent driving. Friends said that she was in love with
Sharon and had a strong sense of jealousy of her own youngest sister, Lilly.
Lilly had immigrated to Israel as a youngster and spent her first few years
ay Sharon's home. When called up to the army, she served in the Paratroopers
Brigade, then under Sharon's command.
- Margalit's acquaintances note that during the weeks just
prior to the accident, Margalit was once depressed and preoccupied, and
had confided to a friend that her life had become miserable as a result
of her all consuming suspicion of a liaison between her sister and her
- Did Margalit die in a common car accident or did she
- A year later on, Sharon married Lilly.
- Recently, a right-leaning site joined the fray by declaring
suspicions about the death of Sharon's son Gur shortly after Sharon married
the boy's aunt:
- In the summer of 1967, eleven-year old Gur Sharon trumped
all of his buddies by declaring, "My Abba gave me five guns".
- A couple of months later, tragedy struck. On Rosh Hashanah,
the first day of the year, Arik Sharon's first-born son, from his first
wife, was dead from a bullet wound.
- Details are sketchy, but it seems that somehow Gur and
a friend managed to get a bullet into the chamber of a shotgun. Arik Sharon
was home at the time, and Gur died in his arms.
- I don't know what the laws were 38 years ago, but in
today's world a "lesser" man may have been brought up on charges
of criminal negligence.
- Indeed, any honest police investigator would ask why
Sharon let his son play with a loaded rifle. Why was he not charged with
criminal negligence, as anyone else would inevitably have been?
- Thanks, in no small part to Benziman, a new picture emerges
of a sociopath murdering his first family so he could start a fresh one
with his new wife, the sister of the deceased.
- So who is this Uzi Benziman who broke the story of the
Sharon family murder(s)? He is now one of the country's leading voices
calling for the evacuation of the Jews of Gush Katif. Sharon has few allies
so useful to his plans. Let us now hear from Mr. Benziman:
- Preparations for withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and northern
Samaria are not in the public consciousness and have not become central
to public discourse. As a result, there is no atmosphere of preparation
for something that is really going to happen...The mantle of normalcy worn
by these negotiations is a great missed opportunity; it leads to delay
which in turn leads to the evaporation of the critical national significance
of the decision.
- The settlers are rebelling against the rule of law and
the authority of the state. As if that were not enough, when the law catches
up with them, they act as if they are the ones who have been wronged.
- The settlers and their official leadership openly declare
they do not accept cabinet and Knesset decisions to withdraw from the Gaza
Strip and the northern West Bank. They challenge the legitimacy of these
decisions, and there are those among them who declare outright their preference
for another source of authority
- The decisions on the disengagement plan to be made by
the cabinet [on Sunday] and the Knesset on Tuesday may be essential steps,
but they will still not ensure its implementation. The demand to prefer
halakha [Jewish law] to the law of the land, to exclude Israel's Arab citizens
from the process of approving disengagement, to deviate from accepted norms
of debate and decision-making, to shut up opposition by means both administrative
and juridical, are all clouds that presage the storm.
- Violence will later emerge from its lair with all of
its destructive force. If the country does not manage to impose its authority
on the minority opposing disengagement, it will open the gate to its disintegration.
- Commentator Uzi Benziman in Haaretz
- In short, Mr. Benziman, believing full well that
Sharon murdered his first wife after investigating the crime, is now working
for the murderer. In an honest, sane nation with an honest, sane media,
Benziman would be demanding a reinvestigation of the murder of Margalit
Sharon and his newspaper would be exposing the mad killer leading their
nation into catastrophe.
- Instead, Uzi Benziman is letting Sharon murder again,
this time with his enthusiastic approval.
- If you'd like to ask Uzi Benziman some relevant questions,
his address is:
- If you want to know the crimes against Gush Katif and
the atrocities committed by the current Israeli government, please purchase
my new book Shabtai Tzvi, Labor Zionism And The Holocaust in English or
Hebrew or my 2 set DVD, The Deadly War Against The Settlers. More than
100 Gush Katif residents did so in the past few weeks.
- available at firstname.lastname@example.org
- So are my English books; Shabtai Tzvi, Labor Zionism
And The Holocaust; Save Israel!; Who Murdered Yitzhak Rabin; Israel Betrayed;
The Last Days of Israel;