- Even though communication between me and Ernst is now
severely restricted, I can give you the exact dates of when Ernst's trial
will start. For now, five days have been reserved in November.
- They are:
- Tuesday, 8 November 2005 - 9:00 A.M. -
- Wednesday, 9 November 2005 - 9:00 A.M.-
- Tuesday, 15 November 2005 - 9:00 A.M.-
- Wednesday, 16 November 2005 - 9:00 A.M.-
- Thursday, 24 November 2005 - 9:00 A.M.-
- Just a few days ago, I received the text of these charges
in German - 14 points. Those who are able to read these charges with an
open mind, will know they are an indictment not against Ernst Zundel who
speaks the truth as he found it and knows it, but against a country that
prides itself on being a "democracy".
- 1. The bulk of the charges pertains to documents that
have been posted on the Zundelsite for some 8 years, translated into several
languages. They are introductory essays ( "Holocaust 101" ) to
Holocaust Revisionism and come in eight languages. You can read for yourself
what they say if you are so inclined.
- 2. A few of Ernst's "Germania" letters sent
to his world-wide network of friends and supporters are also found politically
objectionable. These letters were legal in Canada, where most of them
were written, thanks to the Supreme Court ruling in 1992 giving Ernst the
right to say what he believes to be the truth, and they are legal in the
United States, based on the First Amentment to the Constitution. They
were NOT written in Germany, where draconian laws are locked in place that
serve the State of Israel and not the German people.
- I don't know anything beyond this document outlining
Ernst's political "sins". I will keep you updated to the extent
that I hope to be updated on developments.
- I should also add that an arrest warrant in Germany has
been sworn out against me as well, which means that I will not be able
to attend the trial in Germany.
- So we are gearing up for yet another round. It will
be yet another burden on my time and drain on our resources. It is also
an important step forward.
- Stand by for a Zundel Holocaust Trial # 3, to be fought
on the soil of Germany.
- Ingrid Zundel
- I conclude with a few comments from Ernst on this upcoming
trial, gleaned from various letters to me...
- "I have had no more mail since I was notified that
my case has been taken over by the Landgericht, which as first order of
business decided to restrict my incoming and my outgoing mail by what amounts
to a 90% reduction. This allowed me to go through every document (I assume!)
that the government is marshalling against me. Since I am still uncertain
what I am allowed to say about things, let me be general in comments:
- Remember how useful court cases have been in the past
- for instance, when in 1981 during the postal hearing I got to see the
letter of Simon Wiesenthal, which started all these years of persecution?
Well, this time we hit the Motherlode, and Bruce [our immigration attorney
who handles our suit against the U.S. government] will be able to add a
few names to the depositions.
- I found it a very painful process because I am tired
of the subject, but it seems my fate is that I have to go through this
rigmarole (sp?) one more time. With hard work we will produce a shocking
documentation, and that will be useful.
- I was up at 4:30 a.m., and I have been studying and preparing
for the trial and had to relive my life and my struggle, almost as if in
a film - and, kiddo, was it one steady grind! I am now amazed and in awe
of myself that, like a sleepwalker, I walked through the minefields of
my enemies! I now have ample, ample confirmation of the accuracy of my
- Remember when I used to be "soul-upset", when
I used to think there was something wrong with my kids? It was the you-know-whats,
scheming and meeting and interviewing people. We suspected all along -
except it is worse! But we were right on the money most of the time!
- I also read and am astonished at the millions of words
spoken, written, and typed - alone the typing was heroic. I also note
with sadness how many of our friends have fallen by the wayside, now very
elderly. And many, many died.
- The whole exercise is like a standing on one of those
Tribünen, and instead of troops marching past, it is one's life passing
by in front of me for review. When I see the superhuman effort in the
face of such unmitigated callousness and unfairness, I can only conclude
that some extraordinary dynamism made me sustain all of this.
- I am going through those mountains and mountains of documents
and it's an upsetting task because it shows a huge amount of work by thousands
of bureaucrats of all stripes who have been officially confronted with
the results of my work. Yet when you read their comments and analyses,
it is not the least reflected that it impacted on their thinking and attitudes
about Germany's role. So we deny ourselves what is called a normal life
and happiness, while these people, whom we try to shield and protect, attack
us from behind without any appreciation our work deserves. There has to
be a way to break through this log jam.
- There are shocking things going on!
- What we are dealing with are very, very complex issues,
especially in Germany as it tried to pick itself up by its own bootstraps
out of incredible pulverization. It's like trying to reassemble the constantly
changing little pieces of a kaleidoscope being slowly turned, with its
pieces tumbling and shifting. Compare these pieces to the forces in society,
all climbing over each other, all juggling interests, wants, desires, personal
ambitions, greed, corruption, all the powers of lobbies, open and hidden,
the secret societies, cults and sects which have been around for hundreds,
maybe thousands of years!
- The last century was the culmination and the beginning
of that never-ending process of "historification" where, as soon
as something is spoken or written, it's like a bullet out of a rifle barrel
on its own trajectory - gone, unleashed, aimed or randomly heading somewhere.
Seeing in these many, many thousands of pages how thoughts and words impact
on people's lives, on societies' functioning - that is one hell of a realization!
- In the end, the overall thoughts, concepts and goals
are lost in the minutiae of bureaucrats filling in papers, of the statements
of snitches and paid agents, of little petty thieves giving false testimonies
which then careen through history's corridors, hitting this and that. You
add to that the vendettas of minorities, pyramid climbers in society's
bureaucracies, in the spy services, in the legal systems, the police forces,
the corridors of power, elected and unelected. Ingrid, add to that the
betrayals of friends and of wives, jilted girl friends, of revenge being
extracted for imagined hurts never inflicted, yet treated as if real!
- What unfolds before one's eyes is psychohistory, a drama
with constantly changing actors and storylines and constantly changing
stage sets, only part of which are visible. The cranes, wires, pulleys,
carpenters, painters behind the scenes are invisible, but very, very real
to the unfolding of the play, which is unfolding history.
- The study of these documents have made me realize that
- with sledge-hammer-like impact!
- If all this sounds weird to you, sitting on our balcony,
looking down our beautiful valley, I can understand you might shake your
head and maybe say, "What on earth is Ernst talking about?"
Well, it is that I am at the center of these unleashed, countervailing
forces - pushing, shoving, climbing over each other, tugging, pulling me
this way and that.
- I am punch-drunk [with fatigue] and must end the letter.
I will continue it tomorrow morning 5 a.m."
- Those are the words of the world's best-known political
prisoner, my husband and your friend. Since Ernst is prevented from giving
me specifics, I cannot give you specifics, but a little bird has told me
we can expect a few surprises. Please stay with me - you and I have center
stage, and it could well be that the last round has begun!
- To my friends, a big thank you, straight from the heart!
To our enemies: Don't count us out! To the rest of the world: No surrender!
- Ingrid Zündel