- Former 9-11 commissioner Timothy Roemer avoided answering
questions, running like a scared rabbit when confronted by William Rodriguez,
the WTC custodian who wanted to know why his dissenting testimony was omitted
in the final report, during a rally marking the fourth anniversary of the
- "The 9-11 truth will be told. Bush and Cheney will
be indicted for treason and murder. And immediately . . .the killing and
illegal war in Iraq [will be stopped]."
- These were the strong and poignant words ringing through
the streets of New York Sunday as more than 250 9-11 truth protesters marched
carrying "Impeach Bush" and "9-11 Inside Job" signs.
The rally started at The New York Times Building and ended at the UN.
- Organized by members of the web site, ny911truth.org,
the rally was called to vent anger and make the public aware of the concerted
effort by the mainstream media and the government to keep the truth about
what really happened on 9-11 from the American people.
- Although the corporate-elite media came out earlier in
the day in force to cover the Ground Zero activities in honor of the 9-11
victims on the fourth anniversary of the tragedy, the mainstream media
was predictably absent from protest rally just like it has been purposely
absent for four years in covering compelling stories that contradict the
government's official account.
- Protesters passed by FOX, CNN and NBC buildings, to emphasize
their feelings that media suppression has been primarily responsible for
keeping America from the truth about 9-11 and largely responsible for allowing
government officials to get away with the murder of 3,000 fellow citizens
at Ground Zero.
- Rodriguez, the last survivor of the North Tower, told
of explosions emanating from the sub-level basement of the tower, prior
to the plane striking the upper floors. His account has been systematically
suppressed by the government, mainstream media and the 9-11 Commission.
- "They have done everything in their power to ignore
my statements, which directly contradict the government story," said
Rodriguez as the crowd chanted, "Let the truth be told."
- "I have at least 27 other people who are ready to
testify that they also heard explosions, all of whom have been completely
ignored by the 9-11 Commission. Also, the last drop of water fell from
the glass and I realized all hope was lost to get at the truth when the
testimony I gave the commission behind closed doors last year was omitted
from the final report."
- This time, however, Rodriguez broke new ground, when,
for the first time after four years, a major news outlet carried his story.
- His story aired on a one-hour, pre-recorded special for
ABC radio and its nationwide affiliates. The story aired on the East Coast
with comments by author David Ray Griffin, who has written a scathing report
about at least 101 lies in the final 9-11 Commission report. Griffin, who
has written two books about government lies and the government cover-up
of 9-11, said the 9-11 Commission report, which received a national book
award, should have been declared a "national disgrace."
- Former Lt. Col. (USAF) Dr. Robert Bowman called for the
immediate removal of President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and their
cronies on charges of treason and murder. Bowman, who flew over 100 Vietnam
combat missions and worked under presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter,
said he took a solemn oath to protect his country from foreign and domestic
enemies, including a rogue president like Bush.
- "9-11 is based on a pack of lies. It wasn't misjudgment;
it was treason," said Bowman as he called for removal of what he called
the mob and crooks in the White House.
- Bowman told the audience that while walking in the march
he received a kiss on the cheek from a member of a family that lost a loved
one in the 9-11 attacks. He reassured the audience that those seeking truth
about 9-11 and the illegal war in Iraq w ere "doing the right thing."
- Donna Marsh gave the most emotional appeal. Tears came
to her eyes and the eyes of many when she recalled how her pregnant daughter
perished at Ground Zero because of what she called "criminals in the
- "My daughter called after the first plane hit at
8:46 a.m. and said she was told not to leave the South Tower because it
was safe. In fact she was told not to leave or she would be fired,"
said Marsh. She repeated her statements on a Monday morning radio show
hosted By Joyce Riley called "The Power Hour" on Genesis Broadcasting
- "Where was NORAD? What really happened in those
buildings? Why did they collapse so quickly like a controlled demolition?
There are just so many unanswered questions the government refuses to answer.
What conclusion can be made other than our own government was involved
in killing my daughter and 3,000 other Americans?" asked Marsh.
- "I want George W. Bush [to know], he can no longer
use my daughter's name to spread war and killing throughout the world.
From this day forward, I want my daughter's name removed permanently from
the official 9-11 victims list."
- After the two-hour rally, protesters doubled in size
as they congregated at St. Mark's Church.
- "As Americans we can no longer live in fear of George
W. Bush and his band of criminals, who all belong behind bars in jail,"
said attorney Phil Berg. "I promise I will never stop searching for
the truth, and one day the truth will be told."
- (Issue #38-39, September 19 & 26, 2005)
- Not Copyrighted. Readers can reprint and are free to
redistribute - as long as full credit is given to American Free Press -
645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Suite 100 Washington, D.C. 20003