- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (AP) -- Vietnam confirmed
another bird flu case Friday, the first reported infection in more than
- A 21-year-old man from northern Thai Binh province tested
positive for the H5N1 strain of bird flu, said Nguyen Thi Tuong Van of
Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi.
- Since Dec. 30, 12 people from Vietnam have died from
the bird flu while four others who contracted the virus recovered. Last
month, a Cambodian woman died of bird flu in a Vietnamese hospital.
- The reported case comes as international experts convened
in Ho Chi Minh City to discuss strategies for fighting the deadly virus.
- The man is the first confirmed bird flu case in more
than a month in Vietnam. A total of 45 people from Vietnam, Cambodia and
Thailand have died in the past year since the disease first surfaced in