- I would like to see George W. Bush, members of Congress
and, of course, the judges who ordered Terry's feeding tube removed, go
without food and water for 7 days. I wonder how peaceful they would find
dying of starvation and dehydration?
- It is quite possible that Terry will leave this earth
on Easter weekend, possibly even Good Friday or Easter Sunday. George W.
Bush who purports to be a Christian should really think about what he could
have done to save Terry. I hope he has Easter weekend to reflect on his
part in her death. Pontius Pilot also believed that he had washed his hands
of Jesus and was not responsible for the death of Jesus. So too, Bush probably
feels no responsibility in Terry's death. ...oh that's right, he is praying
- I have read some news articles in which the author describes
the death process from starvation/dehydration as a "gentle death"
and other authors describe it as "a peaceful death."
- I would like to see some of these authors go without
a meal or two and see how gentle dehydration really is.
- I find the treatment of Terry Schiavo to be cruel. This
was the third time the tube was removed. Imagine the mental torment each
time the tube gets removed?
- Death Process From Withdrawel Of Feeding Tube
- The Associated Press
- TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Here is
the general process of death for patients whose food and hydration tubes
- * Day One: The percutaneous endoscopic gastrotomy tube,
which is placed through the skin and into the stomach, is removed in a
simple surgical procedure. Patients who do not have mental cognition to
have a sense of thirst or hunger will not be uncomfortable.
- * Days Three to Four: Urine output decreases and patients
begin to lose normal body secretions. The mouth begins to look dry and
the eyes appear sunken. Patients will look thinner because the body tissues
have lost fluid. Their heart rate gradually goes up and their blood pressure
goes down. In some patients, dehydration releases endorphins in the brain
that create a state of euphoria.
- * Days Five to 10: People who are alert have a marked
decrease in their alertness. Respiration becomes irregular with periods
of very fast and then very slow breathing. Some patients will become restless
while others will be less active. For patients in a persistent vegetative
state, there may be no discernible change in their movements.
- * Days 10 to Death: Patients do not appear to respond
to their environment at all and may appear to be in a coma. Length of death
process is determined by how well-nourished patient was and how much body
fat and fluid they had when procedure began. May be outward signs of dehydration,
like extremely dry skin. Kidney function declines and toxins begin accumulating
in the body. Toxins cause respiratory muscles to fail. Multiple organ systems
begin to fail from lack of nutrition.
- Source: LifePath Hospice.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health