- Date: March 14, 2005
- Time: 9:34 p.m.
- Hello Brian,
- I'm writing today to share a recent photograph.
- This green UFO was photographed over downtown Vancouver
on Monday March 14, 2005. Although there had been numerous sightings in
the Pacific Northwest Region and into BC on the 12th, my photograph is
probably a little late to have captured that event. However, it did arrive
early for St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) and dressed in an appropriate
color I might add.
- In the original frame the signs on the buildings are
clearly detailed, indicating that the object was at some altitude above
the ground and not close to the lens as people might suspect. In the camera's
macro mode (used in taking this photograph), the autofocus system will
shorten the focal distance when something is up close to the lens, resulting
in a blurred and unfocussed background against which the well-focused foreground
object appears. This effect does not occur in the UFO photograph. Readers
can compare the UFO image with many other images that do show this effect
in the photo gallery on my website, www.yourinnervoice.com.
- Here are some facts about the event:
- Time: 9:34 PM
- Date: March 14th, 2005
- Location: Vancouver BC
- Direction: Facing North
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ20
- Shutter: 1/30 sec
- Aperture: 2.8
- Exposure: +1
- ISO Speed: 200
- Flash: Auto Red-Eye
- Mode: Macro
- Thank you to Jon Kelly for sending in the report and
photos to share with us all.
- Jon Kelly's material is (C) 2005 All Rights Reserved
- You can also visit Jon's website at: www.yourinnervoice.com