- "We hate Israel because it is a Zionist state, not
a Jewish state. We will not go there and neither will we allow are children
to go there", Sliman Jaradi, a Jew from Yemen, has said.
- Jaradi, who spoke to the "Ilaf" web site, said
he and several hundred other Jews still living in Yemen, refused to immigrate
to Israel because they believed the state had lost its Jewish character.
- "Israel has no religion, Torah or morals. Your daughter
is no longer your daughter, your son is no longer your son, and everyone
does as he pleases. This is no way to run a Jewish family", he said.
- According to Jaradi, the Jews in Yemen have good relations
with the Moslems. "We live adjacent to them and there is no problem.
God bless the president, Ali Abdullah Saleh", he noted.
- Jaradi added that the number of delegations who arrived
in Yemen in an attempt to persuade them to come to Israel has declined
in recent years. "They used to come very often, offering us money,
but we refused to leave our homes", he concluded.