- The word 'devil' is translated into Russian as Cert (after
substituting the Cyrilic letters for English, letter by letter).
- The first sound in the word '?' in Russian is pronounced
like the first sound in the English for the word CHAIR.
- The ending is 'off' in English. With the Russian spelling
it is 'ov' pronounced the same as 'off' in English. This ending is used
for a large number of words in Russian, always when the word is formed
into a family name, like: Gorbachov, etc., this is extremely common in
the forming of family names in Russian.
- Meaning, that we are dealing with the second most commonly
used word in Russian for 'devil' that received an ending to turn it into
a family name.
- 1. _n.
- 1: ??????, ????, ???
- In Russian, you pronounce:
- ? as C (for chair)
- E as E (for Ebony)
- P as R ( for road)
- T as T (for Table)
- In The Ukraine they use the same word for 'devil' as
in the Russian with a slight difference in pronunciation in the second