- On a German forum, a user called a friendly surgeon at
Landstuhl (US Army hospital). He gave the forum this impression about the
- "The casualties are laying in the floors of the
hospital - there are no free beds. The stuff is working around the clock,
the Bundeswehr (German Army) is helping with medicals, blood and
- Hourly, new planes with new heavily-wounded casualties
are arriving. Less serious casualties are flown to the U.S. or to other
U.S. hospitals. But also the other U.S. hospitals have no more capacity
(2 in Italy, 2 in Belgium, 3 others in Germany). So, these casualties are
flown to Water Reed Army Medical Center in Washington.
- The GI's say Fallujah is a disaster and there is no
of anything. The communications are always switching off, the supply lines
are not working (especially ammunition) - always other orders.
- One of the soldiers' sayings goes: 'All shout and try
to survive. And if they take me to military court and shoot me - at least
I never I set foot in Iraq again.'"