- In 1926, Professor A. W. Bickerton declared the concept
of shooting at the moon to be foolish and impossible. In 1935, the noted
astronomer F. R. Moulton wrote that man could never travel in outer space.
In 1957, Dr. Richard van der Riet Wooley (former Astronomer Royal) called
the idea of space travel "utter bilge." Eight months later Sputnik
I was orbiting the earth.
- In a remote northern area of Tibet lie the ruins of the
Hsing Nu capital, discovered by Duparc in 1725. Within the city, Duparc
came upon a mass of monoliths (once coated with silver), a pyramid, part
of a tower of blue porcelain, and a royal palace, containing thrones with
sun and moon images. There was also a large milky white stone surrounded
by exquisite drawings.
- Now for the stunning sequel. In 1952, a Soviet expedition
arrived. The group was shown by Tibetan monks some ancient documents, whose
descriptions agreed with those of Duparc.
- But here is the breathtaking part: the milky white stone,
so said the documents, was "brought from the moon." Moon rock?
Is it possible? COULD MAN ACTUALLY HAVE LEFT THIS EARTH AND GONE TO THE
MOON IN AGES PAST? Was space travel a natural adjunct to his civilization?
Are there clues?
- Indeed there are. Indications of the reality of ancient
space travel do come from widely separated parts of the world. Written
and oral tradition is widespread - and, it seems, reliable.
- Chinese historians in particular never tried to please
their rulers at the expense of truth. Death was preferred to untruthful
reports of history. As an example we have the fate of historians in the
reign of Chi in 547 B.C. We should therefore take seriously the historical
reports of China, even if they seem at first to he far-fetched.
- There is a tendency in scientific circles nowadays to
regard ancient documents and even mythology and folklore - as sources of
history. Anthony Roberts expresses it this way: "Legends are like
time-capsules that preserve their contents through ages of ignorance."
- In regard to some of the chronicles cited hereafter,
internal evidence will carry its own proofs of authenticity.
- My first source is an old manuscript described by James
Churchward, the English scholar who wrote decades before people spoke of
artificial satellites and spaceships. 2
- 1 - INDIA: Vehicles that could revolve around the earth
(i.e., satellites): "Their fuel is drawn from the air in a very simple
and cheap way. The motor is something like a modern turbine: it works from
one chamber to another and does not stop or stall unless switched off.
If nothing happens it continues to function. The ship in which it is built
could revolve as long as it liked around Earth, only falling when the parts
of which it is made were burnt up.
- 2 - INDIA: Philosophers and scientists who orbited the
earth "below the moon and above the clouds" are spoken of in
the ancient Surya Siddhanta.
- Giant satellites made of shiny metal and turning about
an axis are described in detail in ancient Sanskrit texts, right down to
their dimensions and interiors, as well as smaller craft that fly between
them and the earth.
- 3 - CHALDEA: Two "modern" rockets emitting
rays at the rear, a box like a loudspeaker and a "copy" of a
Gemini capsule - are engraved on a copper chisel unearthed at Ur.
- 4 - SUMERIA: Pictographic texts describe three related
objects on display in Sippar: the golden sphere (command module?), the
"GIR" (a long arrow-shaped object, divided into several compartments)
and the "alikmahrati," meaning "advancer that makes vessel
go" (i.e., a motor, or an engine). Together they look very much like
a three-part rocket ship.
- Another explicit sign is the combination of two words
"DIN" and 'GIR." When joined together to form the word "g-ds,"
the tail of the finlike "gir" fits perfectly into the opening
of the rocket like "din," which exhausts fire from its tail.
- 5 - PERU: A clay vessel 8-1/2 inches high portrays a
kind of "space capsule" on which motor and exhaust are clearly
- 6 - ITALY: A painting discovered in the niche of a room
under Rome's Palatine Hill, in 1961, portrays what appears to be a rocket.
It stands on a launching pad. From it run guys or cables; behind is a tall
wall, resembling a counterblast wall.
- 7 - JAPAN: Excavations have uncovered clay figurines
of people clad in peculiar "space suits", with helmets entirely
covering their heads. On the helmets are representations of something like
slit-type glasses, breath -filters, antennae, hearing aids and even night-sight
- 8 - INDIA: The Mahabharata describes "two storey
sky chariots with many windows, ejecting red flame, that race up into the
sky until they look like comets . . . to the regions of both the sun and
the stars." 4
- 9 - GUATEMALA: Another ancient description mentions "a
circular chariot of gold, measuring 12,000 cubits in circumference and
able to reach the stars" 5
- 10 - INDIA: Other references speak of:
- * Pushan sailing in golden ships across the ocean of
- * Garuda (a celestial bird) carrying Lord Vishnu in cosmic
- * Aerial flights "through the region of the sky
firmament which is above the region of the winds" 6
- * The Ancients of Space Dimensions. 7
- 11 - NEW ZEALAND: Maori legends tell of flying machines
and journeys to the moon.
- 12 - CHINA, 3rd century B.C.: Chuang Tzu, in a work entitled
Travel to the Infinite, relates a trip he made into space to 32,500 miles
from the earth.
- 13 - TIBET and MONGOLIA: Ancient Buddhist books speak
of "iron serpents which devour space with fire and smoke, reaching
as far as the distant stars."
- 14 - TIBET: The three levels of a pyramid in the Hsing
Nu capital commemorated three historical periods in the remote past: the
pre space travel era, the time when men were able to visit one of the heavenly
bodies, and then afterward when they came back to earth and lost the power
of space travel. It was here that there reposed on the altar a "stone
brought from the moon."
- 15 - BABYLON: The Epic of Etana (4,700 years old) supplies
us with very accurate descriptions of the earth's surface from progressive
altitudes - descriptions which were not verified in our own era until the
high-altitude aerial flights of the 1950s and the first space shots of
- The description of this ancient space flight depicts
exactly what happens when man leaves the earth (the concept of the round
earth which becomes small, due to perspective as distance increases, and
changes into particular colors). 8
- 16 - BOOK OF ENOCH: The ancient Book of Enoch says that
in space "it was hot as fire and cold as ice" (where objects
get hot on the side illuminated by the sun and icy cold on the shaded side)
and "a dark abyss." 9
- 17 - YUNNAN PROVINCE CHINA Engravings of cylindrical
rocket like machines, which are shown climbing skyward, were discovered
on a pyramid which suddenly emerged from the floor of Lake Kun-Ming during
- 18 - GREECE: Lucian pictured the moon as a body like
the earth which could be reached in 8 days and wrote a "fiction"
(?) of a moon trip.
- Part 1.
- (JW I doubt if the moon is made of glass. It may be
made of soil like we have in Death Valley, Calif. that reflects light when
the Sun shines on it.)
- John Winston.