Good News For Tortuga Island; But Still Deadly
by Mitch Battros - ECTV
- Although a tragic and deadly catastrophe has in fact
occurred, the latest news sheds light on a better ending for Tortuga Island.
- Having gathered several news sources, the task of putting
a puzzle together has taken place. The original confirmation as reported
by several international news agencies, some of which were provided in
the last ECTV newsletter, was authentic and based on eyewitness reports.
The main source of those reports came from two United Nations helicopter
crews who were dispatched to assess the damage to Tortuga caused by hurricane
ëJeanneí. When they made their first few flybys, all they could
see was washed out land. Or perhaps better put, no land at all. It has
been reported the broadcast which came over the UN radio was (parts may
be lost in translation) "the island is gone. I can only see large
- As this UN tandem helicopter crew continued aerial surveillance,
bodies were seen floating in the water. It may have been hundreds washed
away by high winds and tsunami like waves. It is not hard to see how this
tandem crew put two and two together to complete a visual, and make their
report as posted by several news agencies including ECTV.
- What was officially reported by UN representatives was
based on the above observations. So indeed, it looked to them as though
the Island of Tortuga had vanished, and all its 26,000 inhabitants were
gone. The not so good news is that in fact, thousands have died, many of
which were seen floating in the waters around Tortuga and Haiti. The search
& rescue operation continues.
- Folks, by no means do I wish to paint some sort of rosy
picture just because only two or three thousand have died, not 26,000.
It is truly a disaster which has occurred and is ongoing. The death count
is still unfinished. The prognosis for Central American, Coastal Islands,
and the US Eastern Coast is at best "guarded". The future is
uncertain, and new tropical storms and renewed hurricanes have yet to subside.
- In Summary:
- Iím happy to say the news about Tortuga is a better
one. The idea of 26,000 people to disappear within an one hours time, if
not minutes, was a shocking reality check. Could this really happen? Yes
it can. Will it happen? I guarantee it. When will it happen and where?
Only Great Spirit knows. But I can say with certainty, our ancestors have
told us of these times over and over again. It is all about "cycles".
As the Maya say "we are in a time of transition". And the Hopi's
"we shall enter the 5th world. Life will end - as we know it".
- Next week I will have Adam Rubel as my guest. Adam has
been a regular guest of ECTV, and provides the latest news from Mayan Elders.
Perhaps he can shed some light as to the days, months and years ahead.
- Mitch Battros
- Producer - Earth Changes TV
- Here is the entire google.com news search on Tortuga:
- Here is CNN.com's entire site on news of Tortuga
- Here is abc.com news search of Tortuga:
- If foreign countries know about Tortuga, why don't English
speaking nations know about it?
- I repeat - the news coming from Pravda is like reading
the National Enquirer. Good luck on whether its the truth or not. From
what I see, its not.
- Here is another persons reply to Mitch's article:
- Well I just called a Travel Agent Friend of mine to see
if I could get some Hotel Reservations on this Island. Except of NOTE OF
STORM DAMAGE, reservations on the island ARE being taken and booked. So
I would think that the island is still there. (??) But he will look further
into and report to me if anything comes up 'funny'.
- Respectfully: Jerry ...
- (Note: Rense.com also communicated with a tourist director
for the islands who confirmed there was damage, but the island far from
- In a message dated 9/24/2004 1:04:49 PM Pacific Standard
- To Whom It May Concern:,
- It appears some person named Dee, or related group are
trying to create a hoax.
- ECTV stated clearly, in which no one could make any such
mistake as presented by this group. The Russian article as presented in
Mitch Battros- ECTV news release is from "Gorodfm" not Pravda.
Mitch is well aware of Pravda, and more over people like the group mentioned
who follow such nonsense.
- Original article....
- Tortuga Island Washed Away By Waves
26,000 Ppeople Mmissing
September 24th 2004
Earth Changes TV Breaking News
ECTV Makes Last Night's Interview Available to All
by Mitch Battros - ECTV
- I believe this story should be 'heard' as well as read.
Therefore I am making last nights breathe taking interview with Dr. Kristen
Neilson available to all.
- You will hear step by step how this remarkable and tragic
story evolves "live" on the air. In addition, I have made a list
below of links from around the world who are confirming the tragic event
of a whole island and 26,000 of its inhabitants being swept away by "large
- Mitch Battros with Dr. Kristen Neiling Audio Interview
- Below is a list of international news agencies who have
reported on the
- small island of "Tortuga" vanishing as a result
- Italy Global News Agency
- http://www.studiocataldi.it/ news_adn_asp/news_adn_
- 10456.asp&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtortuga%2Bjeanne %26num
- The International Portugal
- http://noticias.portugalmail. pt/Internacional/42752
- /&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtortuga%2Bjeanne%26num% 3D100%
- Belt Iberica News Agency Spain
- http://www.belt.es/ noticias/2004/septiembre/21/tortuga
- .htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtortuga% 2Bjeanne%26num%3D100%
- IBL NEWS
- rev=/search%3Fq%3 Dtortuga%2Bjeanne%26num%3D100%26hl
- Noticias News Agency- Barcelona
- Gorodfm News - Russia
- Mitch Battros
- Producer - Earth Changes TV
- Thomas Buyea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- wrote: Hurricane Jeanne destroys Tortuga/26,000 dead
Island & People Missing
- As I reported yesterday, It is reported that the Island
of Tortuga off
- the cost of Haiti was hit by high waves and has been
washed away with all of it's 26,000 inhabitants.
- The location of the Island can not be found ! ? See below
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:53:24 -0600
- To: GeoNotes@mcn.net
- From: Christopher Rudy
- Subject: RUBY ALERT: Hurricane Jeanne destroys Tortuga
/ 26,000 dead
- September 24th 2004arth Changes TV Breaking News
- ECTV Exclusive: Tortuga Island Disaster Now Confirmed
- by Mitch Battros - ECTV
- I have now received no less than six news agency confirmations
reporting the s mall island of Tortuga has "vanished". The entire
island along with its 26,000 inhabitants have been washed away by "large
waves". This unthinkable event happened as a result of hurricane 'Jeanne',
which has also killed over 2,000 people and displaced 250,000 in Haiti.
An expedition of United Nations officials were dispatched via two helicopters
to evaluate the damage to the island of "Tortuga". A radio transmission
was sent back to base on the island of Haiti. The message stated "we
can't find the island". It is reported the tandem UN helicopters circled
for a long period, most likely in stark disbelief nothing was to be found.
Not a trace of life or land. It is now reported all 26,000 may have perished.
- I'm not sure I have ever heard of such a disaster. I
know of tsunami's having killed hundreds, maybe even a few thousand, but
I have never heard of a whole community being wiped out in minutes. Total
families are gone. A complete island missing. And a hurricane wh o has
yet to see the end of its deadly way.
- The Russian news agency "Gorodfm" filed the
following report: (As translated) "United Nations helicopters made
flight over that area but have seen only storming sea. The area of Tortuga
is 180 square kilometers; population is made 26 000 human beings. Today
helicopters of the United Nations will make repeated flight of region."
- Articles from Italy and from South America Earth C hanges
TV remains committed to bringing you the most rapid and cutting edge news
and information that affects every person living today. Thank you for making
us No. 1 in 'space weather' and 'earth science'news.
- Mitch Battros
- Producer Earth Changes TV
- "Jeanne" devours island Turtle Noticiasdot.com,
Tuesday, 21 September 2004 An expedition of United Nations has been transferred
to the island of the Turtle, in the North coast of Haiti, to evaluate the
effects of the storm "Jeanne" when being afraid that it has disappeared.
- The related news The island of the Turtle, land of pirates
The "Spanish pirates" of century XX also saturated in Island
Turtle Agencies - In a first recognition with helicopters, cash of the
Mission of Stabilization of the Un ited Nations (MINUSTAH) could not find
the island, in which 26,000 people reside, reason why she has been decided
to send a new expedition.
- Haitian prime minister, Gerard Latortue, will possibly
comprise of that expedition.
- Haiti-PressNetwork agency, that mentions Latortue, informed
today into which it is even afraid that the island has been able to disappear
by the strong surge caused by the storm. According to the same source,
the Haitian minister of the Interior, Hérard Abraham, showed his
preoccupation by the luck which they have been able to run the inhabitants
of the Turtle, of 180 kilometers square.
- The passage of the storm "Jeanne" by Haiti
the past Sunday has caused more than 500 deaths and hundreds of wounded,
according to the first balance that, according to the authorities of this
country, are provisional and can be much more tragic according to advance