- As the fourth global-warmed hurricane in two months rips
through Florida, we are reminded that George W. Bush is history's top terrorist.
- We know, of course, that Bush has slaughtered thousands
of Iraqis, imprisoned hundreds without trial or charges, and presided over
the torture and sexual abuse of many of them. He is the world's leading
recruiter for hate-America terrorists the world over.
- Bush's preemptive militarism has paved the way for countless
crusades for oil and fundamentalism in the decades to come. He overthrew
the elected government of Haiti, resulting in hundreds of deaths. He tried
to do the same in Venezuela. Other target nations are sure to follow.
- Bush is also determined to turn AIDS into a profit center
for the drug companies that help fund him. His attacks on sex education,
birth control and reproductive choice will kill girls and women for the
decades to come, especially if he re-criminalizes abortion in a second
- As Texas's Governor Bush executed a record 150-plus people.
He publically mocked at least one, Karla Faye Tucker, who had asked him
to spare her. His escalated war on drugs has helped stuff 2.2 million Americans
into the largest gulag in world history. Many suffer regular physical and
sexual abuse. Many are also conveniently deprived of their right to vote.
- Bush's catastrophic "No Child Left Behind"
program is decimating America's once-proud educational system, vastly escalating
illiteracy and ignorance. He is barring thousands of students who have
traditionally come here from overseas. Their disappearance will further
cripple American education, as well as America's historic role in spreading
democratic values to young people around the world.
- Bush has also decimated the Bill of Rights and basic
freedoms embodied in the US Constitution, paving the way for a potential
dictatorship should he get a second term.
- In short, he has done to America things no foreign terrorist
could ever imagine.
- But it all pales before Bush's all-out attack on the
natural environment, which will ultimately kill hundreds of millions of
- Bush's eco-terror crusade has two primary roots: corporate
greed and fundamental religious extremism.
- On the corporate side, Bush's entire environmental policy
can be summarized in a simple sentence: Any polluter favored by the Bush
regime can pillage and destroy any sector of the American ecology, regardless
of the consequences, with full official sanction, including huge taxpayer
- Bush's signature flip flop has been on global warming.
The scientific and insurance community is now virtually unanimous that
rising carbon dioxide levels are wrecking utter havoc with global weather
patterns, including this latest parade of Caribbean hurricanes. The only
dissenters are oil company flacks, flat earth think tanks and fundamentalist
- Bush promised in 2000 that if elected he would endorse
the Kyoto Accords to cut CO2 emissions. But then he joined Joseph Stalin
in demanding that science fit his bizarre ideology. At the behest of his
petro-backers, including Dick Cheney's Halliburton, Bush has scorned a
global consensus that includes his primary ally in Iraq, British Prime
Minister Tony Blair. Two of the world's biggest insurance companies, Swiss
Re: and Munich Re:, have issued strong warnings about the skyrocketing
costs of climate catastrophes. Even British Petroleum has voiced concern,
at the same time making massive investments in solar power.
- Bush's fossil-nuke energy plan gives huge tax credits
for gas guzzling HumVees, but has cynically stalemated long-standing green
energy tax easements, crippling the once-booming US wind power industry.
- Three years after Bush allowed 9/11, America's 103 atomic
power reactors remain vulnerable to attacks from the air. The first plane
that flew into the World Trade Center could instead have turned the Indian
Point reactors north of New York City into radioactive infernos. Such an
apocalyptic attack could still happen, killing millions and costing trillions,
dwarfing Three Mile Island and Chernobyl. By doing nothing significant
to make US reactors safer, Bush has painted them with a big terror bullseye.
- Bush is also reviving nuke weapons production and testing,
escalating the likelihood of nuclear war and production disasters.
- After 9/11, Bush lied to the people of New York about
the toxic fallout from the WTC collapses. His cover-up caused countless
avoidable deaths. His assaults on the air, water, food and other regulatory
responsibilities daily poison millions worldwide. They feed the on-going
plague of cancers, lung and heart disease, childhood afflictions and too
much more to catalog here.
- Acid rain and ozone destruction add to the horrors of
global warming, as do Bush's attacks on America's national parks and public
- As history's most environmentally destructive human,
Bush's hate-nature crusade has been blessed by fanatic fundamentalists
who believe destruction of the planet will hasten the Messiah. James Watt,
Ronald Reagan's Interior Secretary, scorned attempts to preserve the Earth
by announcing that Jesus was coming soon anyway.
- Bush spinmeister Karl Rove bans such blunt talk. But
his all-out attacks on environmental protection, fuel efficiency, renewable
energy and much more have already guaranteed an avoidable death toll unparalleled
in human history. The evil winds of climate chaos now blasting through
the Caribbean may soon seem like mild breezes compared to the ultimate
eco-curse of George W. Bush.
- Attila the Hun. Genghis Khan. The Kaiser. Hitler. Stalin.
Saddam. Bin Laden. None have killed more than those dying and destined
to die at Bush's anti-green hands. His terror attacks have driven Mother
Earth to the very brink.
- Four more years and he just might finish her off---and
all of us with her.