- Date: Early 1968
- This report below was told to me by a fellow who heard
the story from one of the Military Security Police Officers with whom he
bunked at Cannon Air Force Base at the time of the incident.
- The gentleman told me that in 1968 he was a Military
Security Police Officer and was stationed at Cannon Air Force Base which
is located just outside of Clovis, New Mexico. The man said he was sure
that the information he was going to give me was declassified, to a point.
He said at that time the base had the only F111 Flight Simulator in the
United States arsenal which was located at the Cannon Air Force Base, so
they certainly had the Security.
- At 1:00 to 2:00 a.m., the Zantop aircraft would be landing.
The fellow said the Zantop was in the same line of work that Air America
was in, but Zantop would carry around classified equipment. For example,
if some important classified equipment was needed from one of the manufacturers,
this aircraft was sent out to collect it.
- On one particular night in early1968, glowing objects
were spotted beyond the fence line of the base and in the distant perimeter.
The staff at the Air Force Base pretty much ignored these lights on the
first night, wondering if it was someone playing around...or not thinking
a whole lot about it.
- On the second night, a couple of Military Security Police
were up on the flight line when they observed an object above them and
as they watched they saw a white beam of light came down from the object.
(From the person who is relating this story: he said to his understanding
the light was attached to the object when first noticed).
- The two Military Security Police ended up watching the
object leave the vicinity but the beam of light stayed and moved around
the flight line. The Security Police were in a position to challenge the
beam of light, and when they came near to it ... it skirted them. The light
almost matched the Police Officers moves. The Police challenged the light
on three different occasions only to have it move around them.
- One of the Police Officers new someone who was in the
air traffic control tower at the base, the tower people officially said
nothing happened, but unofficially they had observed the entire event.
This all took place on the second night.
- On the third night after the strange lights were observed
around the Cannon Air Force Base, the beam of light reappeared and went
over towards the building where the F111 Flight Simulator was housed. Around
the building was the Base Security and it was reported that the beam of
light penetrated the building as it was seen inside. Shortly afterwards
the beam of light was gone.
- After the three nights of the unusual experiences at
the base, the men who were with Base Security and who witnessed all of
this were talking about what they had witnessed. Eventually, folks from
Internal Security showed up and interviewed all of the MPs who were there.
There were approximately 14 or 15 personal (SAT - Security Alert Team)
who were involved in this event and who were subsequently reassigned to
different Air Force Bases. Only one of the Military Security Police Officers
- a Sgt. - remained at Cannon Air Force Base.
- Not one of the SAT members had failed in their duties.
Nevertheless, they were sent to other bases because of the strange phenomena
that took place in early 1968. I would guess someone wanted to keep a
lid on what happened.
- Thank you to the ex-military man for relating the story
for us all to read.
- Also again I would really appreciate hearing from any
military men and women who have been witness to this event, or to other
events of this kind which have taken place over many military bases.
- Brian Vike, Director
- HBCC UFO Research
- Home - Phone 250 845 2189
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.hbccufo.com
- Redirect: http://www.canadianufo.com
- HBCC UFO RESEARCH Newsletter At: