- Camp Geiger, North Carolina
- Date: December 1985
- Time: 5:00 a.m.
- Number of witnesses: 150
- Number of objects: 1
- Shape of objects: Ellipsoid or Disk
- Full Description of event/sighting: Five platoons of
young Marines were in formation in the chilly morning at Camp Geiger. We
were all facing east and answering muster and getting ready to march to
the chow hall, (which was about a mile away).
- From the south an object came in front of the five platoons.
It was ellipsoid and it was about the size of a thimble, if you stretched
your hand out in front of you face. As it raced along just above the tree
tops (that were about 500 yards away) it left a trail of "sparks"
that would dissipate quickly. In relation to the trees the object seemed
to be about a mile away from the trees.
- When the object was almost in front of my platoon, (we
were the 5th platoon to the extreme left of the five), it shot up at great
velocity at a 45% angle. From the point it shot up a sphere of luminous
gas, (or something) expanded to fill the entire eastern sky. All five platoons
let out a collective "WHOHHHH". I'll never forget that. The Platoon
Sgt. turned around and looked at it, and we all, "decided" (were
told to say), it was a satellite experiment.
- The ball of gas was orange, and definitely was a sphere,
because you could see the center was different from the edges. This thing
had volume. In the middle of the sphere, I made out a shape that I've now
come to recognize as a "key" from crop circle formations. There
was actually the darker brownish orange thing in the orange sphere, coming
from the top left edge and reaching down to the bottom right.
- Then I notice another sphere is coming out of the other
one. A green sphere is duplicated and is slowly moving to the left of the
original. This sphere is a pastel green and seems translucent and not as
strong as the other sphere. But it is identical other than color.
- We are marching to "Chow" at this time and
the ambient light from the morning is starting to effect the view of the
spheres. When you march in the Marines you are supposed to keep your head
and eyes to the front, but I got away with turning my head slightly and
looking at the objects as best I could as we marched. By the time we got
to the chow hall, the second sphere was right next to the other and the
filled the pre-dawn sky to the east. Everybody waiting to get into the
chow hall was talking about it.
- By the time we came out from chow, the spheres were not
remarkable in the daylight. Basically, they looked like clouds and they
had lost their shape. (Chem Spheres?)
- Four years later, I'm back in North Carolina at Camp
Lejeune, (about 10 miles north of Geiger), and I get to my office one day,
and everybody who lives off base and drives in was talking about a UFO
they saw. Now the last unit I was in was ANGLICO. This stands for Air Naval
Gun Liason Company. We were a special forces unit that supported other
military branches SF with Naval guns and air cover. So the guys that were
in ANGLICO that saw the UFO all could estimate size and speed very accurately.
- The men I worked with described the same thing I had
seen four years earlier. But these guys were "Forward Observers"
trained in identifying and estimating an aircraft and it's speed. They
all estimated that that the initial speed of the thing was somewhere in
the 1200-1400 mph range. The "shoot up" speed was estimated between
3000 and 5000 mph.
- Another guy said he left for work very early (4:00 a.m.),
and lived near some soy bean fields. As he drove through the high way there
was the faint glow of a full moon over the fields, He said he noticed a
"shadow" over the fields and the highway he was on and he looked
up. He told me he saw a large black disk shaped area that blocked out the
moon and the stars as it passed. He estimated this object to be about 800-1000
yards wide, and flew about 2000 yards off the "deck". (as we
called the ground).
- If anyone from either incident can support these sighting
please come forward. That was amazing to see, and it was amazing to have
the sighting duplicated four years later.
- There were also some guys who did a night time "Close
Air Support" drill at Yuma Marine Air Base in Arizona who told me
a great UFO Story. If any of you who actually experienced that sighting
are reading this, please relay your story.
- Thanks Brian,
- I hope this helps with the US Military Base UFO research.
- Thank you to the person for sending in this very interesting
report. I once again would like to request that other military folks or
private contractors contact me if they or they know of a UFO over one of
the military installations. Thank you, Brian.
- Brian Vike, Director
- HBCC UFO Research
- Home - Phone 250 845 2189
- email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.hbccufo.com
- Redirect: http://www.canadianufo.com
- HBCC UFO RESEARCH Newsletter At: