- I was on board the USS Holder (DD-819) and we had traveled
from Norfolk, Virginia through the Panama Canal on to Pearl Harbor and
finally to our temporary home port in the Philippines, Subic Bay Naval
- For the next 4 months we were in and out of Subic Bay
several times. In these 4 months there was only one time that any aircraft
came directly over our ship, and that was on a Sunday in July when we first
arrived at the base.
- I had just purchased a 35mm German made agfa camera and
had loaded it with 36 shot color slide film. I recall distinctly that it
happened on a Sunday because we were in our dress white uniforms, and I
wanted to get pictures of all my shipmates.
- As I walked around deck snapping pictures 2 jet fighter
aircraft appeared directly overhead and were in a steep climb nearly straight
up with full afterburners kicked in. I took my camera and aimed it at the
2 jets and snapped one picture, I saw nothing other than the 2 jets. The
noise from the jet fighters was deafening, and for the next 4 months there
was never any plane that came over the top of our ship at pierside.
- Tied up pierside with us was a nuclear attack submarine,
and our ship was equipped with nuclear anti submarine rockets, ASROC.
- When the slides were developed I looked at them and the
ones of the 2 fighter airplanes were very small, they must have been at
15,000 feet high or more, I put the slides away and 6 years later, Christmas
1972, a friend gave me a slide projector.
- Soon I had a 5 foot square picture screen, actually a
white painted wall, to look at my slides on. When I came to the slides
of the 2 jets over Subic Bay in 1966, straight above these jets at maybe
35-40,000 feet were 2 distinctive round white dots and the jets were vectored
exactly at them.
- I showed the slides to several friends and they could
not believe what they were seeing. Some suggested reflection in the lens
or maybe a defect in the film. All the other shots were perfect and nothing
to suggest a malfunction of the camera.
- I put the slides away and stored them for many years
in the basement, when I went to get them water had wiped them all away,
so regrettably I do not have the slides anymore.
- Clark Airforce base was nearby and maybe a reader of
yours that was a radar operator could comment on this event from 38 years
ago. Best Wishes
- Thank you to the gentleman for this excellent and interesting
- I am still requesting other military folks come forward
if they have had an experience with an unknown object when serving.
- Brian Vike, Director
- HBCC UFO Research
- Home - Phone 250 845 2189
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.hbccufo.com
- Redirect: http://www.canadianufo.com
- HBCC UFO RESEARCH Newsletter At: