- The below letter is in response to a request to sign
a petition (Aish.com) to keep Jerusalem to the Jews. Thank you. It is too
few who care enough to want to change things, even fewer still who will
do what they can to achieve those ends.
- Gwynn Graham
- Bedford VA
- As a human being with a conscious, I cannot, and will
not, under any circumstance, sign a petition to keep Jerusalem to the Jews.
(Unless of course the Jews are going to wall THEMSELVES in and not take
any more USA money.)
- You ignorant F*CKS!!! How can you continue to kill these
people, take their land, push them further into poverty and build a wall
around them, yet still expect them to "stop the suicide bombings"?
Have you ever been so desperate that death seemed a better alternative
than life? Are your children starving? Do you have hope for their futures?
- Because of Israel, I am going without, my children will
have no future, and my country is falling apart. All so that Israel can
continue to murder innocent children throwing rocks!!!
- The wall that Israel is building has been declared by
the world court to be ILLEGAL, yet Israel turns its nose at the world court
and continues to build. Israel claims that Palestinians are terrorists,
yet fails to see the terrorism they are creating, and in fact are perpetrating
- I, as a human being of conscience, cannot sign your PETTY
- When Israel recognizes the rights of the Palestinians,
and in fact ALL other NON Jews, then maybe the rest of the world will stop
hating the Jews, but as long as the Jews continue on this self righteous
path, there will be no peace in the world.
- Jerusalem is not only for the Jews to enjoy, and Jesus
will not save ONLY the Jews.
- If you all believe even HALF of the garbage you spout,
then you would know that no God would ever condone the murder that the
IDF engages in on a daily basis. If you believe in the Bible, than you
would also know that God made us all in His image, I believe that includes
that Palestinians, as well as the Jews.
- In closing, I would like to say that God is crying. Shedding
tears for all the suffering that his children are having to endure at the
hands of one another. I am sure that this is not what God had in mind when
He created the world.
- Gwynn Graham
- Bedford VA
- United States of America
- PS To avoid any confusion, and to get away from the
Anti-Semitism talk that is sure to be followed by this letter, let me just
- I AM A JEW, and because of the way the Jews treat any
NON Jew, I am ashamed of that fact.
- Here is the story:
- You are receiving this offer as an Aish.com subscriber.
- Thank you for supporting our advertisers.
- Tuesday, July 13, 2004
- Please Help Us Preserve a United Jerusalem
- Dear Supporter of Jerusalem,
- For those of you who have been following the tumultuous
debate in Israel over settlements in Gaza and the West Bank, you should
not be deceived into believing that the lands that are the focus of todayâ?s
debate are the beginning and the end of the territories that might be turned
over. Many of you may have heard that Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and
former Mayor of Jerusalem is in favor of ceding portions of Jerusalem to
Yassar Arafat without getting anything in return from the PLA. This policy
statement needs to be addressed by those who do not want terrorists on
the streets of Jerusalem and those who believe that Jerusalem should be
the undivided capital of the Jewish nation.
- As we approach the 9th of Av, and conclude the three
weeks of mourning the destruction of the Holy Temple, we must reaffirm
our connection to our holy city, the eternal capital of the Jewish people.
You can send this message by getting as many people as possible to sign
One Jerusalem's petition. As we get substantial numbers of signatures we
will bring them to the attention of Sharon, Olmert, and other members of
this government. But we must act immediately. Send this letter to everyone
in your address book with a personal note asking them to sign and to pass
- You could also help by urging your rabbis, teachers,
and pastors to urge their congregations to do the same. Don't let Jerusalem
be divided by the politicians when our collective voice can make a difference.
To date tens of thousands have signed the petition. Let's increase that
number into the millions.
- As I write, there is a report that the United States
Ambassador to Israel is demanding the route of the fence around Jerusalem
be changed. In other words even if Gaza and West Bank settlements are abandoned
(something we do not advocate) the appetite of Arafat and his terrorists
will continue to be focused on the capture of Jerusalem. A cynic might
conclude that if they get some land in exchange for nothing then all they
have to do is wait long enough and they will get the biggest prize of all:
Jerusalem. Undoubtedly they are more likely to adopt this strategy given
Olmert's desire to turn over parts of Jerusalem to Arafat.
- Given this reality, we have decided to increase our organizational
efforts on all fronts. In May, to mark the anniversary of the liberation
and unification of Jerusalem, we arranged for Benjamin Netanyahu, Natan
Sharansky, and Dore Gold to speak to millions of Americans (the estimates
range from 11 to 15 million listeners) through talk radio. Needless to
say, these leaders of Israel defended Israel's right to defend itself and
the continued unification of Jerusalem under Israeli rule.
- The fact is that since Jerusalem has been united, Jews,
Christians, and Arabs have access to the holy sites, whereas under Arab
rule all three groups were restricted from praying in the old city - if
they came from Israel.
- When Jerusalem was threatened by a deal cooked up with
Barak, Clinton, and Arafat, One Jerusalem mobilized the largest rally on
behalf of a united Jerusalem in the history of the Holy City. 400,000 people
filled the streets of Jerusalem to celebrate Jerusalem as it is today.
- Today, we are working on several projects. Work has begun
on a book geared toward young people that will contain important facts
about Jerusalem. Also, our plan is to launch in the Fall an Ambassadors
for Jerusalem program in schools throughout the world. We have already
arranged for Ambassador Dore Gold to address one of the largest yeshivas
in New York where the program will be formally launched. We intend to educate
and recruit thousands of young people in this important endeavor.
- We have had fruitful discussions with people who are
reclaiming and resuscitating the City of David (an integral part of Old
Jerusalem) in Israel. We hope to finalize plans shortly on how we can help
- We will continue to provide speakers in America and Europe
to the news media to combat the string of lies about Israel that generally
go unanswered. I humbly say, that no other organization could mobilize
the caliber of spokesmen that One Jerusalem brought to the microphones
the week we celebrated Jerusalemâ?s unification.
- As you can see, we are doing quite a bit but there is
a lot more to do; only the lack of funding stands in our way. Therefore,
we are respectfully asking you to donate what you can today. We have had
people donate $5, $18, $250 and everywhere in between these numbers.
- We encourage you to send this e-mail to your personal
list to help get people to sign our petition and donate what they can afford.
At this crucial time Jerusalem needs you to step up to the plate. Take
a moment to help the cause.
- Thank you,
- Allen Roth
- One Jerusalem
- P.S. When I once asked a friend how much of a contribution
he wanted for a charitable cause he said "How about one hour's salary?"
It's not a bad way of determining how much is a decent donation.
- Stay current by visiting us at:OneJerusalem.org where
the latest news from the region is combined with the facts and analysis
behind the headlines.