- This brings the number of carriers over the horizon to
- This would prove to be a most COSTLY exercise if in fact
this is ONLY an exercise.
- OR,Are they all on emergency operational deployment???
- Of the remaining 2 carriers only USS Nimitz is deployable
as the USS Eisenhower is having its nuclear power plant refuelled and will
be out of commission for several years.
- USS Carl Vinson goes out.
- USS Abraham Lincoln goes out.
- USS Roosevelt off the coast of Europe
- Seven carrier battle groups deployed in "summer
- Notice how the article says that the seven carriers deployed
represent every carrier that is seaworthy. When in reality there are now
10 carriers at sea. Completely unprecedented.
- Seven Carrier Strike Groups Underway for Exercise "Summer
- The seven aircraft carriers involved in "Summer
Pulse 04" will include: the Norfolk-based USS George Washington CSG
and the San Diego-based USS John C. Stennis CSG, both currently deployed,
and Yokosuka, Japan-based USS Kitty Hawk. The Mayport, Fla.-based USS John
F Kennedy CSG will begin a combined and joint exercise early this month,
followed by a scheduled overseas deployment. The Norfolk-based USS Harry
S. Truman CSG will conduct a scheduled training exercise followed by overseas
pulse operations with the Norfolk-based USS Enterprise CSG, beginning early
this month. USS Ronald Reagan will conduct operations in the U.S. Northern
Command and U.S. Southern Command theaters during the ship's interfleet
transfer from Norfolk, Va., to its Pacific Fleet homeport of San Diego.
- Where are the Carriers?
- US Navy
- Very unusual....especially as most of UK royal navy put
to sea a few weeks ago....
- Operations Map