- Update 11-10-00: As of two days ago, we began receiving
reports that the lengthy 'hate site' list at www.weisenthal.com has been
taken down. The link to that page (below) now comes back '404 Not Found.'
If the weisenthal people have, indeed, deleted the page, we applaud them.
If the day ever comes when presenting multiple sides of an issue is perceived
by the general public as 'hate'...the end of free speech will have arrived.
- Note - Thanks to those several of you who have brought
this to our attention. We are proud to be so 'honored' and appreciate the
publicity such slander provides for our news forum as many more will now
visit to see the 'hate' news stories (over 11,000) from thousands of outstanding
journalists, scientists, and researchers from around the world.
- Rather than submit articles and reports to be considered
for posting (like everyone else does), some 'arbiters of the truth' simply
resort to public defamation in an effort to subvert free speech, open journalism,
and to impose their will and dogma on others.
- Contrary to the 'monopoly press,' this site endeavors
to present all sides of controversial issues, including the Israeli-Palestinian
tragedy. Apparently, that qualifies as 'hate.'
- Furthermore, routinely posting the articles of such extraordinary
Jewish writers such as Israel's Barry Chamish, Chicago's Sherman Skolnick,
and scores of other writers of Jewish background, evidently also represents
unacceptable levels of 'hate' to some.
- We firmly believe that the majority of people who visit
this site will condemn such a clear and obvious effort to restrict freedom
of speech and intellectual freedom. Such an effort is tantamount to a call
for electronic book-burning and mind control, and we reject it.
- From Dave
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000
- Subject: Simon Wiesenthal Center Lists
- Rense/Sightings as "Hate Site"
- Jeff - Greetings. Apparently the Simon Wiesenthal Center
has classified your site as a 'hate site'...Absurd, isn't it?
- Here's a link if you want to see for yourself.
- - Regards, Dave H
- This letter was sent to the Weisenthal center
- Dear friends --
- I have a question which I hope you might be able to spare
a moment to answer -- Apparently the web site "Sightings" http://www.sightings.com/
has been listed as a "hate site" by the Simon Wiensenthal Center
- I am Jewish and not all that politically conservative
- In fact many people would stereotype me as a "Left
Winger" (as it happens I'm not) -- Born and raised in NYC, I'm proud
to be a product of the civil rights movement, the '60s counter culture
(gravely imperfect as it was) and the anti-Viet Nam war resistance -- I
am also, I thought, usually pretty alert to signs of crypto-hatemongering,
much less the more blatant expressions of bigotry and discrimination --
That's why I am perplexed to learn that Sightings has been identified as
a web site that fosters hate -- I have visited that site on a daily basis
for the past 3 years and also receive the Jeff Rense Weekly Enews -- In
all the days and months of reading their reprints and postings, I have
not encountered any indication that Jeff Rense or his staff endorse or
condone hate -- Sightings specializes, indeed they revel in gathering and
bringing to public attention, a variety of non-mainstream, unconventional
and even unpopular information, ideas and opinions --
- Except on the most rarest of occasions, materials culled
for posting, no matter how off beat or aroused by outrage, are always those
written in a sober, well composed, thoughtful manner -- It is precisely
this provocatively maverick daring brand of news collecting that makes
Sightings for me intriguing and valuable! -- -- So no surprise then, if
some of the reprints they post don't always conform to my nice little view
of the world -- For instance :
- Once in a while some of the reprints posted are opposed
to same gender sex, (as it happens I am not )--
- Once in a while some of the reprints are antiabortion,
(as it happens I am not) --
- Once in a while some of the reprints they post, strike
me as espousing opinions more extreme than what I personally believe --
- Once in a while some of their postings impress me as
spineless and sappy --
- Once in a while some of their postings express ideas
wildly divergent from my conception of things --
- Once in a while something they put up sounds to me as
though its author lives in an alternate reality from the one I know --
- Once in a while I imagine to myself that I can guess
whether or not a given reprint is by or about someone who might be a bigot
- Once in a while I suppose, I might have even been correct
-- Still, no matter how vehemently I've ever disagreed with the content
of a particular reprint, never have I detected anything that suggests to
me that "Sightings" approves of much less promulgates hatefullness
-- If anything, when suitable for their special journalistic style, they
will on occasion courageously bring certain egregious sources of hate to
the attention of their readers, usually with a disclaimer --
- Generally though, they focus mostly on less flamboyant
material that questions or discredits conventionally held assumptions and
mores -- All of which requires genuine bravery as it is guaranteed that
just like other unwanted people, places and things, the Sightiings staff
are bound to accumulate a wide assortment of enemies, some of whom are
no doubt capable of being quite vindictive if not violent -- As you know
only too well, vehemently disapproving of something is not the same as
hating it -- I flatly believe UFOs exist --
- Others passionately believe they do not and often seek
to squash and belittle the ideas of people who think otherwise -- So if
some mean spirited someone passionately thinks that we UFO types are dangerous
morons and then travels far and wide sneering at and denigrating our varied
heartfelt beliefs; such behavior of course, rotten as it may be for myself
and like-minded folks, does not by itself constitute hate -- Yes, it can
be deeply troubling, excruciatingly painful and infuriating, and even at
times terribly frightening to have people drag down and trample upon the
ideas and beliefs one holds most dear -- It's not nice, it's no fun, it
totally stinks - but that's just life in a pluralistic society and not
ipso facto hate --
- I truly regard HATRED as the most deadly and destructive
pollutant humans discharge into the environment -- Misidentifying something
as HATRED is perhaps the second most dangerous -- I would be relieved and
appreciative if someone at your center could spare a few minutes to help
me understand where I am missing the hate being committed by "Sightings"
-- My sincerest thanks for your assistance -
William Nathan Dasheff
- From James Carmody
Subject Hate Crimes
- Tell me, was the murder of the sailors on the USS Liberty
(by Israel) a hate crime?
- What if I put up a web page with links to all the USS
Liberty net items (including Admiral Moorer's excellent article)? Would
that constitute a hate crime?
- What if I added a web page showing how much the US gives
per capita to Israelis and how that money is used? Would that be a hate
- What if I gave wide publicity to your efforts to purge
the net of anything remotely critical of Jews or Israel? Would that be
a hate crime?
- I think you have thrown a boomerang. Be sure to duck.
- From Paul Reischmann
Subject: Hate site?
- Hello Jeff!
- I read your note on being labeled as a 'hate' site by
- After I stopped laughing, I thought maybe they mean that
your site is one that THEY hate, since your postings are the most balanced
I have seen anywhere, and illustrate the 'media cartel' monopolistic jealousy.
- For what it is worth, when I first started reading your
postings years ago, I have found that I no longer need the 'major media'.
I was a TV addict, but I have been television free for more than five years
now! For those who are still addicted, the withdrawal symptoms (and there
are withdrawal symptoms!) only lasts about a week or so, but the addictive
TV 'habit' can be conquered.
- It is long overdue that I extend my gratitude and thanks
to you for your web site. Your web site scoops CNN, NBC, ABC, etc. more
times than I can count.
- I won't even bother to visit Wiesenthal.com since I don't
want them to include me as one of their web page hits.
- Thanks again!
- Best Regards-
- From Bill McNamara
- Subject: Truth
- Date: 11-1-00
- If truth is hateful, may we all be as hateful as Jeff
Rense. Your page is balanced, fair and a breath of fresh air compared to
mainstream biased media.
- Keep up the good work.
- Bill McNamara
- From Skye Turell
- Subject: Rense Hate Site
- Perhaps you should start a list of "Anti-Democracy"
sites and list
- theirs! :-)
- "I see in the near future a crisis...corporations
have been enthroned
- and an era of corruption in high places will follow,
and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by
working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated
in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." -- Abraham Lincoln,
- From George L. Moneo
- Subject: "Hate" sites on the Internet
- Hi Jeff, not only are you on the ridiculous "anti-government"
list, but William Thomas of chemtrails fame is there too! What are these
idiots thinking? Are we at the historical point in this country when expressing
disgust with the state is equivalent to "hate"?
- God help us.
- Keep up the good work.
- George L. Moneo
- From John Ludi
- Subject: Hate Site??!!!
- I would just like to say that I frequent your site on
a regular basis and have found it extremely useful and informative. While
I feel that some of the articles here and there appear to have been written
by individuals who may be a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I cannot fathom
how anyone would consider your site a hate site. To see sightings.com on
that list next to all of the militia sites was a bit surreal to say the
- From Beth
- Subject: Sightings a Hate Site???
- Maybe we should be thanking those people for putting
your site up there. I was able to find a bunch of really good anti-gun
control sites! Here's to being a hate site! ~Beth
- PS. All those sites and no NRA? Further, how was being
ready for the Y2K collapse that didn't happen being hateful??
- From: Lori Goltl
- I love your site. The news and stories on it are excellent.
As for being included in 'hate sites'...please. Your site is the furthest
thing from it. Keep up the good work. I have told many about your site,
and I will continue to tell others about it.
- From Steffan B
- Hi, Jeff,
- I'm sorry that you're being harrassed by Weisenthal,
but, as they say, the only thing worse than bad publicity is no publicity.
Mark Twain, upon learning that the New York critics had panned "Huck
Finn" responded by thanking the critics for selling 25,000 extra copies
of the book.
- I'm glad you had the courage to take on the "hate
group" set. I remember reading a few rather pointed essays by Dr.
Chiappalone on Zionism that showed the difference between ontological zionists
and Jews. You might take a look at them for subsequent postings.
- I recall that you have posted some of my articles in
the past, and while it was irrelevant to you at the time they were posted,
it becomes more relevant now, given the attack. I have Jewish blood.
- Keep on exposing the lies,
- Steffan Bertsch
- Thanks for bringing us your great site. I've just seen
the link about wiesenthal.com. It is sad that an organisation with the
aim of enlightenment seems to be doing precisely the opposite by listing
sightings.com. I can't for the life of me see why sightings.com is listed
- it is very evenly-biased, and carries stories from both sides of the
centre of political correctness. Thank you for sightings.com - it is a
bastion of free speech and even-handedness.
- Thank you,
Site Served by TheHostPros