- Teenage girls are being kidnapped and smuggled into Britain
to be sold as sex slaves for £3,000 each.
- The terrified youngsters are held prisoner in brothels
where they are forced into prostitution by their masters.
- Sunday Mirror investigators were offered the chance to
buy 100 of the girls - three of them aged just 15.
- The sordid trade centres on the historic Czech capital
of Prague - a thriving destination for Brit tourists on sex holidays.
- It is rapidly becoming the sex tourist capital of Europe,
fuelled by the increase in cheap direct flights.
- Our investigation follows the sentencing this week of
the Albanian Mr Big behind the Eastern European sex trafficking trade in
- Illegal immigrant Luan Plakici, 26, was jailed for 10
years at Wood Green Crown Court in London for smuggling up to 60 women
into Britain and forcing them into prostitution.
- Evil Plakici beat his victims, allowed them to be raped
and even caged his 16-year-old wife in a brothel.
- But we can reveal that rival gangs are already vying
to fill the vacuum left by Plakici's capture.
- Our investigators infiltrated a Russian Mafia gang that
offered to supply 100 girls - kidnapped from the former Soviet Union -
to massage parlours in Britain every month.
- A Russian godfather called Ima told our undercover reporters:
"We can send girls to Britain. You like Russian girls? We send each
one for six months and you pay 5,000 euros (£3,000) each."
- Like Plakici, the Russian mafia uses Prague as a staging
post on the smuggling route between East and West.
- Our investigators were shown around one of their brothels
in Prague and a safe house where girls are held against their will before
being sent to brothels in Europe.
- The Russians told us that any of the miserable-looking
girls we were shown were available to be smuggled into Britain for the
- In the first brothel - a dimly lit loft conversion called
Dessert in the tourist quarter - there were 12 semi-naked girls sitting
on wooden chairs.
- The guide told us that three of the prostitutes were
- The safehouse - a three-storey villa on the outskirts
of Prague - was prison to a further 20 prostitutes.
- Our investigators were taken there in a blacked-out Russian
mafia Mercedes driven by an armed bodyguard.
- After running a background check on our men, a mafia
boss called Andrei agreed to talk to us.
- He said: "They (the girls) can't escape. If they
cause problems, we will hurt their families in Russia.
- "Russian girls are the most obedient. We can smuggle
people into the EU as dancers or waitresses. That's how we get work permits."
- Another boss called Yusef added: "These girls have
been in Prague for six months and I don't have problem. I have 50 girls
in Prague now. We control the business here."
- Yusef, who wore expensive designer clothes and a ski
hat with a Union Jack, flashed a wad of 14,000 euros (£9,500).
- Smiling he said: "That's the money I make in one
night in Prague. But I have escort businesses in Germany and Israel.
- "London is what we want - there's a lot of money
there." In a sinister reference to the Albanian mafia who control
up to 70 per cent of the vice trade in London's Soho, Yusef grinned: "The
Albanians? They are not a problem.
- "We remember the Albanians who have done business
here. We control Prague now.
- "Each girl is 5,000 euros. Once you have paid, she
is yours for as long as you want.
- "After six months, if you want to get new ones,
you'll have to pay 5,000 euros again."
- In the safehouse, Yusef violently grabbed a beautiful
dark-haired girl and groped her breast. The frightened girl smiled uncomfortably.
Yusef said: "See how they respect me. They will do anything I say.
We can provide girls cheaper than anyone else."
- He then introduced us to three Russian girls - Viktoria,
Palina and Daniela - who, they said, were their biggest earners and could
be ours to own for the right price.
- At a meeting at the five-star Intercontinental Hotel
in Prague, Andrei explained the gang travelled freely to London, using
- He claimed he was a Russian Jew who had got the passport
legally. Andrei added: "I don't need a visa to go to London with an
Israeli passport. I have another three passports from different countries."
- Andrei boasted how the gang has very strong links with
the Russian mafia in London.
- He said: "Nothing will stop us. We're not afraid
- The following day, the Russian mafia emailed our investigators
details of their website containing explicit pictures of 15 prostitutes
available for trafficking to the UK.
- The website listed details of their brothels in Prague,
rates and a menu of sexual services. One hour of "usual sex, oral
without a condom and a striptease" cost £30.
- The United Nations recently named Prague as the hub of
the sex slave industry in Europe, where prostitutes are held captive before
being shipped into Western Europe.
- And last week, an Interpol report predicted that the
entry of the Czech Republic into the EU next year would lead to a dramatic
rise in human trafficking as border controls disappear altogether.
- © owned by or licensed to Trinity Mirror Digital
Media Limited 2001.