- Note - So, what they are saying now is that the infected
beef likely DID make it to
- the food chain at some point...hence the recall. No one,
however, is talking about all
- the milk and milk products derived from the infected
Holstein dairy cow. This also points
- up the length of time in the BSE testing process...from
the time the sample is taken
- to the time the results are determined. According to
the USDA's own statements,
- it claims to have tested (a microscopic) 20,000 cattle
out of 35 MILLION slaughtered
- each year. This is far less than one tenth of one percent
ALLEGEDLY tested. Nice to
- see, once again, how much our government cares about
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Verns
Moses Lake Meats has voluntarily recalled 10,410 pounds of raw beef because
of concerns the products may contain meat tainted with mad cow disease,
the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Wednesday.
- The USDA on Tuesday announced the first U.S. case of
mad cow disease was found in a dairy cow in Washington state.
- The raw beef products from the Moses Lake, Washington-based
company "may have been exposed to tissues containing the infectious
agent that causes bovine spongiform encephalopathy," the USDA said.
- The USDA considers the recalled beef, which was produced
on Dec. 9 and shipped to several processing plants, a low health risk.
- Copyright © 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited
without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable
for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance
- From Name Wittheld
- Dear Jeff - I am former consultant for ConAgra Foods.
Less than a year ago, ConAgra sold all of its beef processing facilities
right after they had to recall 35 million pounds of ground beef! I was
- however, the real reason for the unloading of these assets
was NOT the recall. Its all much clearer now. Welcome to more government
cover-ups with people on the inside being tipped off. (and people on the
outside dying. -ed)