- Franklin, OH (Butler County) Wednesday Evening, September
27, 2003 - 10:30 p.m.
- Sandy, a resident of Franklin, Ohio (Butler County) contacted
Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio on late Wednesday evening,
September 27 after 10:30 p.m. to report an unusual situation seen in the
sky near her home.
- Sandy (name and phone number on file) is a married medical
assistant with three children and states that while driving home from the
Solid Rock church with her son and daughter on Wednesday evening, she was
approaching her residence in the Heartland Subdivision when she spotted
a strange pattern of green flashing lights low in the sky, just above the
- "These lights were absolutely huge," she said,
"and were a pure, bright green color."
- The witness said that the lights were first visible to
the northeast as she entered the subdivision. Upon observing the lights,
she drove in pursuit of them at the urging of her son. She drove around
the area for about 1-mile and did observe the situation for an estimated
2 to 3-minute duration of time.
- The big green lights, she said, numbered from two or
more and would comprise patterns ranging from a big circle to a rectangle.
The left and right lights would, according to the witness, 'move to the
center' and then back again, and was comparable in size to a full moon
from her perspective. She was uncertain if each light was an individual
object or if the lights were part of a larger single object, flashing in
- "There was a pattern to the way the lights would
flash," the witness reports, "they would move in uniform formation
at the same time and stay at an equal distance to one another."
- Sandy said the lights, which appeared over an area near
Springboro, Ohio on Route 741, moved from south to north and eventually
vanished over the treetops.
- "When we got home, my kids urged me to call Wright
Patterson Air Force Base," she said. "So I called them, thinking
it would be better than calling the Springboro police. They just referred
me to you."
- Sandy informs that her husband is skeptical of her sighting,
saying that the lights were probably advertising skylights.
- "I don't think these were any sort of skylights,"
she said. "The lights were brilliant green, not fuzzy, and there were
- Sandy said that the sky conditions at the time of the
sighting were partly cloudy.
- One cannot rule out that advertising searchlights may
account for this sighting report, but it is also interesting to note that
there has been a significant rise in UFO sighting reports from the southern
Ohio vicinity in late August and September of 2003. A spate of UFO sightings
from Proctorville and Rome Township, Ohio have been attributed to advertising
searchlights by local news media searching for answers, but not without
debate from eyewitnesses.
- This Franklin, Ohio location is an estimated 27.5 miles
southwest of Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio (Montgomery
- Filed September 29, 2003 KENNY YOUNG -- UFO Research