- At a conference this week, Palestinian church leaders
declared American Christians who support Israel's right to the Holy Land
based on biblical grounds have no connection to true Christianity.
- The three-day event in Bethlehem featured speeches by
Archbishop Munib Yunan, Manuel Chassasian and Fr. Marun Laham who
"Zionist Christianity is not connected to Christianity in any
the Palestinian Authority daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida reported, according
to Israel-based Palestinian Media Watch.
- The leaders called for the Zionist Christians to be
and discussed holding conferences in the United States to further the views
of Palestinian churches.
- In a lecture, conference President Jarris Khouri linked
the return of Jesus from Egypt to Israel to the Palestinian aspiration
for refugees to return to homes they had before the creation of the modern
state of Israel.
- Khouri said without such a return there will not be a
- The speakers said the Christian Zionists are opposed
to the U.S.-backed "road map to peace" and are against the