- There are those who ask us why we march with the Palestinians.
Why do we raise the Palestinian flag? Why do we support the Palestinian
- "You are Jews!" they tell us. "What are
- And our response is very simple:
- It is precisely because we are Jews that we march with
the Palestinians and raise their flag!
- It is precisely because we are Jews that we demand that
the Palestinian peoples be returned to their homes and properties!
- Yes, in our Torah we are commanded to be fair. We are
called upon to pursue justice. And, what could be more unjust then the
century old attempt of the Zionist movement to invade an other people's
land, to drive them out and steal their property?
- The early Zionists proclaimed that they were a people
without a land going to a land without a people.
- Innocent sounding words.
- But utterly and totally untrue.
- Palestine was a land with a people. A people that were
developing a national consciousness.
- We have no doubt that would Jewish refugees, have come
to Palestine not with the intention of dominating, not with the intention
of making a Jewish state, not with the intention of dispossessing, not
with the intention of depriving the Palestinians of their basic rights,
that they would have been welcomed by the Palestinians, with the same hospitality
that Islamic peoples have shown Jews throughout history. And we would have
lived together as Jews and Muslims lived before in Palestine in peace and
- To our Islamic and Palestinian friends around the world,
please hear our message --
- There are Jews around the world who support your cause.
And when we support your cause we do not mean some partition scheme proposed
in 1947 by a UN that had no right to offer it.
- When we say support your cause we do not mean the cut
off and cut up pieces of the West Bank offered by Barak at Camp David together
with justice for less than 10 % of the refugees.
- We do not mean anything other than returning the entire
land, including to Jerusalem to Palestinian sovereignty!
- At that point justice demands that the Palestinian people
should decide if and how many Jews should remain in the Land.
- This is the only path to true reconciliation.
- But we demand yet more. WE demand that in returning the
land back to its rightful owners we have not yet done enough. There should
be an apology to the Palestinian people which is clear and precise. Zionism
did you wrong. Zionism stole your homes. Zionism stole your land.
- By so proclaiming we proclaim before the world that we
are the people of the Torah, that our faith demands that we be honest and
fair and good and kind.
- We have attended hundreds of pro-Palestinian rallies
over the years and everywhere we go the leaders and audience greet us with
the warmth of Middle Eastern hospitality. What a lie it is to say that
Palestinians in particular or Muslims in general hate Jews. You hate injustice.
- Fear not my friends. Evil cannot long triumph. The Zionist
nightmare is at its end. It is exhausted. Its latest brutalities are the
death rattle of the terminally ill.
- We will yet both live to see the day when Jew and Palestinian
will embrace in peace under the Palestinian flag in Jerusalem.
- And ultimately when mankind's Redeemer will come the
sufferings of the present will long be forgotten in the blessings of the