- Hello Jeff - I know that you have the news of quarantine
of two more farms on your site, but I wanted to emphasize the paragraph
- Maybe you can tell me how the heck the disease can be
contained quickly? They really 'contained' CWD, didn't they. It is so
contained that it is spreading all over as we speak.
- Statements from officials like the following infuriate
me. I also note that the US rep is going to be sure that the ban is as
short as possible. Again, how can they make such a statement. The length
of ban should be contingent upon full containment and full period of monitoring
that could take years. The statements simply reiterate the fact that the
EXPERTS don't know what they are doing, they haven't a clue as to what
triggers variant prion disease and therefore don't know HOW to contain
- The US is a great example of prompt containment regarding
Chronic Wasting Disease in deer...aka variant prion disease or nvTSE.
- The US has contained it, hasn't it? Oooops, I am about
to fall off the chair and drop my Big Mac...
- "Ottawa said it was confident it could contain the
crisis and was trying to reassure trading partners who have banned beef
imports from Canada that the situation was under control. "I think
we will contain it quickly enough that it will not have lasting effects,"
International Trade Minister Pierre Pettigrew told CBC television.
- The United States, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, and South
Korea have all stopped Canadian beef imports. Pettigrew said he had talked
to U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick Tuesday. "He (Zoellick)
of course volunteered to do everything he could within his administration
to make sure collaboration and cooperation between Canada and the United
States prevailed in this case. So we will make sure the embargo is as limited
as possible, as short-lived as possible," Pettigrew said. "We
will work with the Australians and the Japanese very closely, we will inform
them (of what we are doing), I will try to be on line with them today...."
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD Please visit my "Emerging
Diseases" message board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/emergingdiseases/index.shtml
Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa Go with God and in Good Health