- From Mark Kirby
- Jeff, As a signmaker with contracts on production on
that logo I'd like to share some info that I received as part of my contract.
- Designer notes: "The eye/ear logo symbolizes the
audio visual entertainment we provide."
- Now, I know how important the "all seeing eye"
is and AOL's triangle could be viewed in a similar fashion. But I thought
I'd let you know that this logo is an EYE...the descending portion (with
the iris) shows an EAR.
- Hope I helped clear up any misunderstanding with this
particular logo. Unless you know something about the 'All-hearing Ear
- Take care and keep up with this great website. I read
it every day.
- Mark Kirby Owner,
Marx Signs & Graphix
I think one thing we should all be aware of is not that the eye of horus
is done intentionally here, but that as part of a collective consciousness,
or unconsciousness, this occult symbol along with many others, seem to
find their way into many logos and many artworks; even when our design
goals are entirely without conscious effort toward anything mystical or
peculiar. Thank you for your direct-from-the-source info! - Webmaster