- (IsraelWire) - Controversial journalist and noted speaker
Barry Chamish, known for his books challenging the official government
theory concerning the Rabin assassination, has filed a complaint with police.
According to Chamish, several attempts have been made on his life of late,
disguised to appear as a car accident. Fortunately, in all cases, he managed
to gain control of his vehicle, escaping unharmed.
- Following are the events which transpired over recent
days, as described by Chamish on Monday, June 19.
- Two days ago I drove my car to Tel Aviv. I took a sharp
curve in the city and I lost all electrical power in my car.
- If this had happened while driving on the highway I would
have been killed. My car was towed to a garage and checked. Someone had
opened the box below the steering wheel, disengaged the airbag and wrapped
the electrical wires around the steering column. When I turned the wheel,
the wires ripped out cutting off all control of the vehicle.
- The mechanics had never seen this kind of damage.
- Tonight I gave a lecture in Bet Shemesh. On the way,
this time on the highway, my back wheel collapsed and my brakes and handbrakes
ceased functioning. I managed, just barely, to regain control of the car.
I almost was in a fatal accident. I pulled the car into a nearby service
station and hitched a ride to my lecture.
- This time I was prepared. When the lecture ended, I returned
to the car with my host David Morris and his friend Yaakov Kirschenbaum,
an insurance adjuster. We were followed all the way by a government jeep.
The giveaway was the 77, in the license plate, the number given to official
- Yaakov looked at the wheel, filmed and photographed the
brakes, while David called the police. Officer Dror of the Bet Shemesh
police force saw that someone had cut the back axle of the car confirmed
that it was sabotaged and filed a report saying so. _____
- Note - For further discussion, visit Barry's board -
Site Served by TheHostPros