- "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of
a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
- "I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward
more freedom and democracy - but that could change..."
- "Let me reiterate what I've told the American people
and the world. We will use whatever means are necessary to achieve our
- "There ought to be limits to freedom!"
- "When it is all said and done, I will have made
more money than I ever dreamed I would make."
- "People that are really very weird can get into
sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
- "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people
going to the polls."
- --GW Bush, Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000
- "Anyway, after we go out and work our hearts out,
after you go out and help us turn out the vote, after we've convinced the
good Americans to vote, and while they're at it, pull that old George W.
lever, if I'm the one, when I put my hand on the Bible, when I put my hand
on the Bible, that day when they swear us in, when I put my hand on the
Bible, I will swear to not to uphold the laws of the land."
- --GW Bush, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 27, 2000
- "When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world,
and you knew exactly who they were," he said. "It was us vs.
them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the
they are, but we know they're there." --GW Bush - Iowa Western Community
College, Jan 21, 2000