- If sexual harassment is defined as "unwelcome
then possession may be defined as "unwelcome intrusion of
by a spirit into one's thoughts, will and/or body."
- Anyone can be a victim of evil spirits or demonic
Even very religious and prayerful persons have been known to be
- Modern western psychology and psychiatry do not consider
demonic possession to be a clinical reality. However, more enlightened
practitioners and researchers now feel that certain types of psychosis
(such as schizophrenia), or any sudden or radical change in behavior,
can be signs of spirit possession.
- What kinds of spirits do this? Why do they possess the
living? What is their purpose?
- This is how Brad Steiger, a well-known prolific American
psychic researcher and author explains it:
- "Current modalities of the universe maintain that
energy can never be destroyed. Therefore, it is reasoned, even though we
may discard our bodies at death, the Soul energy that we have created
during our lifetime exists even after we have died. At death, this psychic
energy force separates itself from the body and begins a new existence
on the spirit level.
- "A number of parapsychologists have declared that
there may be very little difference between the two worlds. The
structure of the soul continues to have the same habits, thoughts,
feelings and flaws as existing in the physical plane.
- "Thus, if a person has spent his entire existence
in pursuit of pleasure, the psychic soul personality will experience the
same mediumistic drives after death. He will attempt to return to all
his old, pleasurable places.
- "Think of the tremendous, unresolved shock when
someone dies unexpectedly and enters the spirit world. And if there were
additional negative factors, such as a feud left unsettled, an old score
left unpaid, an argument left unresolved, then that spirit might hunger
to return to the physical world and obtain vengeance."
- Such a negative and earthbound spirit may seek to attach
itself to a susceptible person and make him or her do things unnatural
to and against his or her will. Such spirits become parasites.
- Signs of Spirit
- Any or a combination of the following behavior pattern
is indicative of spirit or demonic possession:
- 1. Hearing voices directing the person to perform acts
he may not have considered doing.
- 2. He or she will frequently see or sense the image
of the possessing spirit as it existed in its physical life.
- 3. The victim may blackout or faint without knowing
what transpired during that time.
- 4. Sometimes, in the midst of a conversation, he may
have a mental block and act in a trance-like manner.
- 5. He may be observed talking or walking differently
or acting in a strange, irrational manner.
- 6. He may act in a way he has never done before. His
friends may see him as a totally different person.
- 7. In a worst scenario, the possession may reach a
where the person may commit a crime, some violent or anti-social act and
- 8. He or she may speak in tongues, and perform lewd
acts and avoid religious objects (like a crucifix, rosary, etc.)
- According to another researcher, clinical psychologist
Edith Fiore, over 50 percent of those confined in mental hospitals in
the United States are not insane but victims of spirit possession. I
what would be the estimated percentage in Philippine hospitals.
our people's greater sensitivity to spirit forces and poor diagnostic
perhaps the percentage of possessed individuals confined in mental
here is greater.
- 1. Have a positive, cheerful attitude. Since on the
and spirit plane "like attracts like," a positive attitude will
attract positive and benign spirits to you.
- 2. Maintain harmony and balance in your mind, body and
spirit. Keep your emotional side especially in check and not prone to
outbursts of anger.
- 3. Avoid being in the company of highly negative people
or going to negative places. Negative individuals can sap your energy
and drain you, thereby making spirit possession easier. The same in places
with negative or earthbound spirits, for example, hospitals, cemeteries,
wakes or haunted houses.
- 4. Remember you have free will. You are the master of
your own life and destiny. Do not allow another entity to conquer or
your will. Remember even God respects our will and will not do anything
to go against it. Only evil spirits try to overpower our will. Do not
succumb to such attempts. Assert your will over any other entity and
it to "Begone!"
- 5. Carry protective or sacred objects with you. If you
are a Christian, you may carry with you some powerful religious objects
that you believe in. For example, St. Benedict's medal, which was
charged or blessed by an authorized Benedictine Priest, can help protect
you against demonic possession. If you believe in quartz crystals or
have one specially blessed or charged by a competent person to protect
- 6. Practice discernment. If an evil spirit is present,
you can sense this. Your body will react in a different way compared to
the presence of a good spirit. Learn to distinguish them. Discernment
is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit according to St. Paul.
- ©2001 www.inq7.net all rights reserved
Site Served by TheHostPros